IGNORED

695cb or S58

Note: This thread is 6038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This tuesday I'm getting fitted for new irons before I start my junior year of college golf. I'm playing the TaylorMade R7 TP right now. I like how they are workable, but still relatively forgiving for a players iron.

I think that the S58 would be easier to hit and a little more forgiving than the 695cb. Or am I wrong. Would I be able to make a smooth transition from the R7 to the 695cb, which is the iron I really want to play.

Any help would be great.
In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

I work at a golf club fitting place that fits Titleist and Ping clubs and I think the S58s would be a better fit for you. Personally, I have hit both irons and I think that the 695cbs are a little awkward but the S58s are a good blend of workability and forgiveness. If I am fitting someone for irons, I would only recommend Titleist blades. Also, I have yet to find someone that dislikes the S58s.

In my Moon Light bag:

Driver: 440 SZ 9.0* with a Grafalloy Blue stiff shaft
Hybrids: Halo 16* with a Aldila NV stiff shaft
Irons: forged blades with Dynamic Gold S300 shaftsWedges: Tom Watson 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: G5i Tess Ball: Z-URC

which one has the lower launch, or will going to an x-stiff shaft improve problem of a high ball flight
In the Bag:
Driver: G10 7.5°; Fujikura 757 Speeder X-Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2 13°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
5 Wood: 906F4 18.5°; UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Rapture 21°; Aldila VS Proto 80 Shaft X-StiffIrons: MP-60: 4-PW; Dynamic Gold S-400Wedges: Vokey Design Spin Milled: 54°, 60°

Note: This thread is 6038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!