IGNORED

With Apple's tvOS launched today, do you guys have any ideas on the perfect "Golf Channel" app?

GolfTheMoon
Note: This thread is 3143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know Smart TV's have been around for a while, but the new apple tv looks extremely polished and should have a bright future as it finally offers something of value. Even if you never get an Apple TV, it's safe to say that whatever Apple does, the rest of the industry follows.

So when Apple TV's and Android TV's are ubiquitous, what sort of Golf TV app would you want to see in the App Stores?

I'd love the ability to:

- switch between different featured groups at will during tournaments

- turn off the commentators so it's just the ambient sounds

- bring up the scoreboard or personal stats whenever I want

- interactivity (like answering live polls or voting on things along with everyone else who's watching)

I'd like to be able to 'see the shot' - press a button to see a computer graphics 3d view of the hole from the players perspective. Then be able to fly up to the pin and pick a spot/shot and compare with what the pro hits and what other viewers have chosen. Might help me learn a bit about better course management. Same thing for greens - see the put from behind the ball, pick a line and compare with the pro/viewer consensus. Would really help with green reading!

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

I'd like the option to follow a group, doesn't matter if it's with or without commentators. Or just be stationary at one specific hole, like the featured holes, but with any hole.

I'd really like the option to view a scorecard/stats, and the scoreboard with ease (googling something and or opening the PGA tour app to view the scoreboard is a bit tedious.

Then I'd love the ability to hear the player/caddie conversations!

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

Note: This thread is 3143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!