IGNORED

2-Ball Putter Clone

neonlew
Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Haven't tried out clones but I actually got one of those copies made in China. Alignment is pretty decent. I don't think you could do any worse with the real deal. As far as putting with it goes, doesn't offer much feel but the MOI on this thing makes short straight putts a small matter of point and shoot.

If you're thinking of getting a clone, the only advice I can offer is that even though the putter I have doesn't have an insert (the face was painted white but is basically made from the same material as the rest of the head), I was getting pretty good results from it. In fact, I prefer it over my Rossa Daytona. The Rossa has a nice soft feel when I putt but after getting used to the weight of the 2 ball copy, I've been having difficulty keeping it's head on line so I've been using the copy more.

I recently picked up a Monza Corsa so I could have the best of both worlds, high MOI for keeping the head on line in short putts but with the AGSI insert for better feel and a truer roll. First time I used it was on a course I played for the first time (since I was out of town when I bought it) and I can honestly say it was a mix of garbage and gold. Short putts were as good as advertised. Maybe better. I was ramming in 5 and 6 footers like they were 2 footers. Problem was the long putts. Most of those 5 and 6 footers were the result of me bombing 20 and 30 footers that far past the hole. That wasn't a problem for me with the 2 ball copy.

MORAL OF THE STORY: When it comes down to putting, practice is more important than equipment. Confidence in your equipment is important and practice with it will give you that confidence.

What's in my cart and stand bag:
Driver: C4 9* Stiff
R7 425 9* Stiff
Wood: Redline 15* Regular
Hybrids: Idea 17* and 21* RegularIrons: Idea 5-9, incl PW and SW RegularPutter: Rossa Monza Corza and Rossa Lambeau 2 ball bladeBalls: Any. Find many, lose a few

Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!