IGNORED

My Swing (Thr1llhouse)

Thr1llhouse
Note: This thread is 3172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all,

I've been super busy in my second year of golf but I'm shooting in the low 90's, high 80's pretty consistently now. I took some video on the local redneck course, please let me know if you have any recommendations.

DTL Driver -

Front, shooting at the green (and realizing it was the PW, not the GW) -

Edited by iacas
embedded videos

Nice swing! Looks rhythmical and controlled, and easy to see you scoring in the eighties with that. 

First thing - you want to check the camera aim for your DTL view - I'd recommend reading this: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

There are other, more educated people who can help best with the actual analysis. To me, from the FO view, it looks like your head moves a bit towards your right foot during the backswing and you have minimal hip turn. These are the two bits I'd focus on first, but others may suggest otherwise! Will look forward to following :)

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the forum @Thr1llhouse.  I don't see a trailer park in either video. Are you sure it is a redneck course?:-)

As for your swing, it looks pretty good. Your hip turn is centered, which helps a lot.

It would help us to know what your miss is and the tendency you have with ball flight. Example: my miss is a hook because when I get tired or lazy, I sway back a bit on the back swing and don't get my weight going forward enough, so my swing gets over the top.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks for the replies. It's definitely in the sticks, but the course is only a dollar per hole and in decent shape so it's a fantastic practice course; I love it.

My hips do tend to stay centered, and my belt buckle is far from pointing to towards the target at impact. I have very low mobility in my hips so I'm wondering if there are any drills or stretches to remedy this and add distance.

My miss is two things. The first is a nasty duck hook that seems to be the result of a too shallow, baseball type backswing. The other is a slice that probably happens from being too over the top. My normal shot is a slight fade.

Thanks for the replies. It's definitely in the sticks, but the course is only a dollar per hole and in decent shape so it's a fantastic practice course; I love it.

My hips do tend to stay centered, and my belt buckle is far from pointing to towards the target at impact. I have very low mobility in my hips so I'm wondering if there are any drills or stretches to remedy this and add distance.

My miss is two things. The first is a nasty duck hook that seems to be the result of a too shallow, baseball type backswing. The other is a slice that probably happens from being too over the top. My normal shot is a slight fade.

if you want to increase your mobility in your hips the first thing I would advise with is to flare your feet out about 30* each..  And then get your knees out a little bit so they aren't looking like thy are pinching against each other.. Think about what you would like like sitting on a horse, it wouldn't work with pinched knees.

these two things will allow for your hips to turn better and your pivot to be cleaner.. With a better pivot I bet you might see some better contact and more distance.

image.thumb.png.3bfebcf34f9675840c44995d

I think then you can start worrying about your extension after impact as well.. I think because of your pivot and your attempt to save the shot you get bunched up during impact and right after.. Take a look at the screenshot I just took.

this probably has a lot to do with not getting your weight forward on the downswing enough, but let's see how much is cleaned up with a better pivot.

Edited by Abu3baid
  • Upvote 2

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

if you want to increase your mobility in your hips the first thing I would advise with is to flare your feet out about 30* each..  And then get your knees out a little bit so they aren't looking like thy are pinching against each other.. Think about what you would like like sitting on a horse, it wouldn't work with pinched knees.

these two things will allow for your hips to turn better and your pivot to be cleaner.. With a better pivot I bet you might see some better contact and more distance.

I think then you can start worrying about your extension after impact as well.. I think because of your pivot and your attempt to save the shot you get bunched up during impact and right after.. Take a look at the screenshot I just took.

this probably has a lot to do with not getting your weight forward on the downswing enough, but let's see how much is cleaned up with a better pivot.

That makes sense, thank you. I will bring these notes with me to the range tonight.

That makes sense, thank you. I will bring these notes with me to the range tonight.

I'm sorry I don't know how to quote existing threads, but if you search for the posture thread you can get some great details and feels to try..  It would be helpful thread to read and implement.. That's where I got this info from, plus it was the first thing I changed in my swing lol. 

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

image.thumb.png.3bfebcf34f9675840c44995d

Just to add that this makes a lot of sense to me, too. Let us know how you get on!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!