IGNORED

rangefinder

edk
Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Sand Trap's Review of the Bushnell PinSeeker 1500

A thread I started with some good info. related to your question.

I still haven't bought one yet, but I think I'm decided on the Pinseeker 1500 Tournament.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

What are the rules for using these during tournaments? I heard you can't use certain ones. I was also thinking of buying one for when I'm on the range cos u know those markers they put up are never accurate! How hard can it be to adjust those signs on the range anyways?!?!?

www.questforscratch.com

irons 775.cb
driver R7

Just got a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 TE
Bushnell makes a Pinseeker that calculates slope and one that does not(tournament edition)
The tournament edition is legal in all tournaments and for rounds counting towards your handicap. The slope edition is not.

The slope is the change in elevation from your ball to your target. So say you are hitting a 150 yard shot and the green is 15 feet above you so it's an uphill shot. The slope edition will give you the actual yardage (150 ) but will also calculate the playing yardage (@165) to account for the uphill. This rangefinder is not legal for tournaments for handicap scoring.

I took mine out last week for the first time. Loved it on the range. The flags and signs were anywhere from 8 to 24 yards off. It was the first time I actually had an idea how far I was hitting it on the range.
On the course it was nice to hit a drive, go to the ball and turn around and shoot the tee marker to see how long.....errr...short I had hit it. I targeted the group ahead of me several times to see if it was safe to hit. The best function was targeting the far side of a bunker or water hazard to see the carry distance or the near side of the green.
My only problem was trying to figure out where to put the darn thing during my round. Somewhere easy to get to, but safe enough I'm not worried about it falling out of the cart.

I looked at a lot of rangefinders and the Bushnell Pinseeker was the best. Waterproof, fast, accurate, 7X optics (easier to acquire target), eye relief (can use while wearing glasses).
It was a bit more expensive than some but the best deal I found was on amazon.com. I got mine for $332 and got free shipping. This was a lot cheaper than anywhere else I saw.

Hope this helps

jdmay - thanks for the info!

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I bought the Yardage-Pro by Bushnell. It is an older model that my golf shop had on sale. I figured that I would only really need it from 220 in anyway. I took it out yesterday and I am in love with it so far. It is really nice to know when you are inbetween stakes.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

FWIW, I received a Pinseeker1500 TE for my birthday last January. I use it every time I play golf. It is easy to use and accurate. When I travel to another course, especially one with which I'm not familiar, I am so glad I have it. While it has not helped my swing, my club selection has never been better. I would strongly recommend this device.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!