IGNORED

Finally, new driver

Jack_2251
Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well today i went down to my pro shop and decided I was going to buy a new driver.

I hit the G5, G10, Sq sumo tour, Callaway Ft-5/I (optifit) and the 907 D1. I finally chose the Ft-5 as it was the most consistent with the Graphite design shaft in stiff. Callaway makes a great product, and their optifit was great as i could try all lofts and shafts i wanted.
Thanks Callaway!!!
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

As this has been the topic of a few threads lately, I'm curious to know how you thought the FT-5 compared to the FT-i. Any thoughts on things like distance loss, control, performance, etc.?

Congratulations, by the way. I hope you enjoy the FT-5.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Umm I thought that the Ft-5 was alot more forgiving distance wise, for off centre hits. (this was the tour model). The Ft-i was extremely staight and about 15 metres different in distance, but dispersion was a lot better (both same shaft and loft). The Ft-i launched the ball a little bit higher, while the Ft-5 spun a lot more.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Well today i went down to my pro shop and decided I was going to buy a new driver.

I tried this driver and to be hoenst, I liked it. They only problem I had with it, was workability. But, because it's tough to work, it went pretty damn straight. Definitely one of the top 3 drivers out there in my opinion.

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!