IGNORED

BritBoy and Ben play Empire Lakes

Ben
Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So BritBoy was in town the last few days, having a spot in his group he invited me to play at Empire Lakes which is home to the Nationwide Tour's Mark Christopher Classic .

Quite a nice course. The condition was really nice, the greens rolled a little quirky, but held shots nicely. It was a super nice day too, around 85*. The course is an Arnold Palmer design that is suppose to be links style, I wouldn't consider it that, except for some of the hellacious rough. You definitely need to find the fairway if you want to give yourself a nice shot at birdie.

BritBoy had a plane to catch and only got through 14 holes, but I think he was around 6 over. I got to finish the round, and ended up 2 over. Not bad considering I had 4 penalty strokes, and that I walked to the tee 15 minutes after an hour and fifteen minute drive, and I'd never seen the course before.

We gotta get some more sandtrap golf outings going.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Shall we try to organize an L.A. area sandtrap outing in the early part of 2008? We've got enough people; I wonder what the interest level is. I'm certainly interested, and I guess you are. And I need to go play Empire Lakes one of these days. I saw it when I went to watch the NWT event. Is the rough really tournament-level when the tour isn't there?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the rough was definately tough. It was cut at a fair length but it was thick and definately did strange things. THe last hole I got to play, I flew the green with my approach in a bunker, flew the green from the bunker and my ball just buried itself in the rough, I could see about a quarter size white spot sticking out...... needless to say I didnt stick that one close either

Ben.... thank u for not talking about the first hole LMAO

One of the main problems we had with time was one of the Idaho guys that was with us.... anytime someone has to stop at the turn and buy another dozen balls you know its gonna be a slow round.

If you guys set up something I can always try to arrange another business trip

Ben is a hell of a player, and good company so if you get the chance its worth it just to watch him play.

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Good point. I'd like to get together an outing from the Cincinnati area since I know there's a few from Louisville and Lexington, as well at least one from Mason, Ohio and one or two in Cincinnati itself.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

BritBoy, what is this first hole that you speak (or not speak) of?! And thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad I was able to show you guys a bit of something. Wish my putter would have caught a little fire. Then it could have got really fun!

Shall we try to organize an L.A. area sandtrap outing in the early part of 2008? We've got enough people; I wonder what the interest level is. I'm certainly interested, and I guess you are.

Too bad daylight savings is done. It would have been nice to have a couple groups out at my place during summer. We could have set up a once a month type meet. I would like to play with others, the only problem I'd run into is that I work weekends. Just remember that if anyone gets the urge to set something up. I do have Monday and Fridays off though. We could try Rustic Canyon, in Moorpark, sometime soon?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Too bad daylight savings is done. It would have been nice to have a couple groups out at my place during summer. We could have set up a once a month type meet. I would like to play with others, the only problem I'd run into is that I work weekends. Just remember that if anyone gets the urge to set something up. I do have Monday and Fridays off though. We could try Rustic Canyon, in Moorpark, sometime soon?

I have Mondays off next quarter. I try to work weekends when I can, because weekday rates are better

And I've wanted to play Rustic Canyon, but I hear I'll need someone who will know where my ball is going with me. Also, after the Target World Challenge, I'm out of school for a few weeks. I wonder how busy it'll be at that time of the season?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6152 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!