IGNORED

TST Member Review - MitholoG Ragz

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Product Name:  MitholoG Ragz
Product Type: Gold Towel
Product Website/URL:  http://www.mitholog.com/
Cost: $50

Ratings (out of 5):
Quality: 4
Value: 2
Effectiveness: 3
Durability: 4
Aesthetic Appeal: 5

Link to Discussion Thread

My Member Review

The Ragz golf towel by MitholoG is available in various colors and makes this characteristic of the product, the aesthetic appeal to be the highest category. I like the colors to select from as I opted for the Aussie Aussie Jason-Z Day flavor. At first view of the towel, it appears to be durable and large enough for most golfers, whether carried by a caddie, or hung from the cart or bag. The card that make with the towel shows three golfers with their caddies, and only the caddies are carrying the towel. 

On receiving my towel, I went to play a round at my local course. It was quite a windy day and had the towel draped through the clubs (as shown in the card that comes with the product). After teeing off, I promptly had to retrieve the towel as it quickly blew off my bag. I tied it on to one of my hybrid in a knot, to make sure I didn't loose it. That is, until I need to use that club. Then, I strung it through the handle, keeping one eye on it from falling out on the course, since I carry my clubs. So, the first area of concern is an attachment mechanism. I would like to see one or two grommets along with a carabiner to attach to the bag or cart. A suggestion here would be a grommet at the four corners and two in the middle.

Another day I played was quite wet. And therefore, needed to clean the mud off the club faces more than usual. The quilt side has little function beyond the aesthetics and wiping off the hand and grips. The white terry cloth portion works for cleaning the loose dirt, but not as usable for cleaning inside the grooves on my irons. My suggestion here would be to have a rougher area at one end (or both ends) of the towel for club cleaning purposes. 

I used it a few more times needed to run it through the wash. The white terry cloth really shows up the dirt after a round or two. After washing, the colors seemed to maintain their vibrancy, which is good. However, since the quilted side is a simple cotton fabric, there a slight "balling" for the fabric that I noticed. I can see if this fabric gets caught on a cart or maybe something sharp in the trunk, that a rip might occur quite easily. 

I asked a few others for their options...  my golf buddy and a seamstress (who is a non-golfer). 

My golfing buddy's review: Nice. He liked it. I asked him how much would he pay for it. His response: $8

Seamstress review: Ok. Suggestion from her is that the quilted side should be made from terry cloth material for longevity/durability. The existing terry cloth side should be done in a darker color (white will show wear over time). How much would she pay: Her response: About $10

Wrap-up... the color choices are nice. It would be great to have more value-add to the product... grommet, carabiner, groove cleaner, etc.

IMG_3217.jpg

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!