IGNORED

How do you mark your ball?

xixiviii
Note: This thread is 5999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always found this to be an interesting topic. Forgive me if it has been thoroughly covered, I searched the forums and didnt see anything stand out.

How do you mark your ball? Do you always do it the same way, in the same place? Do you draw pictures on it? I have found some creative markings throughout the years on other peoples lost balls such as initials, drawings, phrases, etc.

I always make four dots and then connect them until it looks like a chemistry molecule of some sort, I try to see what different configurations I can create with the four dot / three bar pattern.

Most of the time I stick with half of the formula for ethane (CH3) (the entire formula being C2H6) which is a central dot with three lines connected to three other dots.

Forgive me guys, I am a nerd.

Man I need to get a life.

In the bag:
Driver: R7 Quad
Irons: Eye 2 + (Red Dot)
Wedges: Vokey (52, 56, 60)Putter: Anser G2iBalls: (Pro V1, NXT, DT Solo, Whatever is handy)

I use a "Line-M-Up" device that allows you to draw a straight line on your golf ball with a sharpie. So far, I haven't seen anybody else use one. Plus, the straight line really helps me line up the putt better. It's really nice to have.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

3 green dots somewhere under "Titleist" and to the right of the number.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I like the ProV1 for the line they have stamped onto it.When I want to draw or fade the ball I can position the line towards my intended target to give me feeling of how much to spin the ball left or right.Also a dot,always black Sharpie,under the number.

I mark 3 black dots to the right of the number and below the ball logo. Hard habit to change and afraid now it may jinx me if I change it.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

I mark 3 black dots to the right of the number and below the ball logo. Hard habit to change and afraid now it may jinx me if I change it.

Talk about jinx,haha,I played a tournament 2 Years ago using the number 4 ProV1 and played so badly if I find a brand new one in my golf bag I will give it away to the first person I see. Any one else excluding certain # balls?

I fill in one dimple on the ball just above the logo with a red Sharpie. Then I put the initial of my last name between the logos.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't seen too many people who do this but I dot the i's in Titleist. And I also draw a line on the seam but don't put with it. Strange how we have our jinxs uh.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

I haven't seen too many people who do this but I dot the i's in Titleist. And I also draw a line on the seam but don't put with it. Strange how we have our jinxs uh.

I too do not use the line to putt with.I have enough demons floating in my skull moments before impact so one more checklist item is not needed.funny how putting consumes all my willpower to succeed yet the rest of my game I just let it happen.A missed 2 footer will bug me way more than a 7 iron hit 15 yards off line.

Forgive me guys, I am a nerd.

More than forgiven! I love that.

I just draw a line under the word "Bridgestone" as straight as I can. I don't use it for alignment, just for identification. If I hit a provisional, I'll blot out the number to make it clear it's a provisional. When I can switch it out, I put it back in my bag and take a non-provisional (so as to avoid confusion).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a black sharpie and make 6 dots in the middle of the dimples around each number on the ProV1x.

Driver: Ping Rapture 9*
3metal: Titleist 904F 15*
Hybrids: Adams Idea 18* and 20*
Irons: Titleist 690CB (4-PW)
Wedgies: Titleist Oil Can 54* and 58*Putter: Ping AllyBall: Pro V1x

The other day, I came across someone who believes that dotting a ball in a certain way may raise ethical issues (changing the weight distribution for an easier fade or draw.)

I'm not sure how a few microlitres of ink would really change all that much. Maybe in a highly precise laboratory's controlled environment or on a super computer we'd be able to see the smallest of differences.

Red strikethrough on one of the titleist logos, blue on the other. Never had a problem of getting mixed up with someone else...
In My Bag:
Driver: 905R 9.5°, UST ProForce v2 Stiff
3 Wood: 906F2, 15°, UST ProForce V2 Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 735CM, 3-PW, DG S300Gap Wedge: CG12 52Sand Wedge: CG12 56Lob Wedge: Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 60.04Putter: 35"/330g Newport 2

I never have any issues identifying my ball...

Mine is either the one in the bushes or three feet underwater

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

Ditto...Although I will use any color sharpie I have around but it is usually black.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 5999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!