IGNORED

911 Call Centers

saevel25
Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is a sad situation that our 911 centers are in.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Hmmmmmm.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's definitely an imperfect system but the root of the problems seem to stem from the quality of the employees. It's not like the operator looking for Fairway and Batesvile couldn't have searched it in Google. We do it all the time looking for addresses when we have partial info or can't find it using the state sales tax locator. Just because whatever system they use for locations doesn't list something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This took 20 seconds or less.

Capture.JPG

Dave :-)

34 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

It's definitely an imperfect system but the root of the problems seem to stem from the quality of the employees. It's not like the operator looking for Fairway and Batesvile couldn't have searched it in Google. We do it all the time looking for addresses when we have partial info or can't find it using the state sales tax locator. Just because whatever system they use for locations doesn't list something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This took 20 seconds or less.

Capture.JPG

I wouldn't presume to know what type of protocols they have, what time of computer systems they have, or even if they have regular internet browser access on them.

I know a little about it because we have access to address records at the state and county level, here it's accessed via the net with a user name and password. We use it for different reasons but when we signed up the verification process starts with a list of what types of access is granted and to what entities. It's not 1:1 what police and fire use but similar. 

Looked closer at that example and it appears the issue was the 911 call routed to a different county. One thing I know from using our IDS is zip code makes a difference. There was a bit of misreporting because the lady didn't die and she was able to call a co-worker that called the correct county and he helped get emergency to her location. The breakdown seems to be when they don't get a hit with what info is available they get stuck. Regardless if just popping something into Google finds it they need better tools if their database doesn't return a result.

Dave :-)

56 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

I know a little about it because we have access to address records at the state and county level, here it's accessed via the net with a user name and password. We use it for different reasons but when we signed up the verification process starts with a list of what types of access is granted and to what entities. It's not 1:1 what police and fire use but similar. 

Looked closer at that example and it appears the issue was the 911 call routed to a different county. One thing I know from using our IDS is zip code makes a difference. There was a bit of misreporting because the lady didn't die and she was able to call a co-worker that called the correct county and he helped get emergency to her location. The breakdown seems to be when they don't get a hit with what info is available they get stuck. Regardless if just popping something into Google finds it they need better tools if their database doesn't return a result.

Yeah, and sort of a related issue ... I know that as a vonage customer (internet phone) they tell you that you need to make sure that your address on your account is correct, otherwise 911 might not be able to find you.  

Note: This thread is 2901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!