IGNORED

Plasma TVs, or LCD is you can make a case for it over a plasma

dbornack
Note: This thread is 5946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hmmmm.. interesting..

I've been in the tech industry for about 10 years now.. and I don't know if it's jsut me,.. but I notice things that other people rarely do.. such as refresh rates in CRT's.. I've noticed differences between 85-100hz.. even though they say your eye can only see 60 frames per second, which should be equal to about 60hz..

Anyways.. that was a little irrelevant, but.. I'm just saying I notice miniscule things..

Driver: SUMO 5000 8.5* w/ Aldila Proto-65 X 45.5"
3-wood: SQ w/ Diamana 83 X +1"
Hybrid: SuMo 2h w/ Project X +1"
Irons: MP-33 1-PW w/ TT X100 Sensicore +1"
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 54 + 60 +1"Putter: Red X 34"Me: 6'3" 220lbs. - 0-4 Handicap, depending on how much I work ;); NJCAA All-American,...

• 3 weeks later...
i went with an LCD over a plasma, for the sole reason u can ruin a plasma by pausing the picture for too long

i have a dvr and franly i pause it alot to like check email or something

also plasma are not good if u game, and occationally i do game, so thats why i went with an LCD, i have a panasonic 42"

i went with an LCD over a plasma, for the sole reason u can ruin a plasma by pausing the picture for too long

Your statement is mostly false unfortunately.

You can't ruin a plasma by pausing a movie. Burn in is a thing of the past Plasma's are better if you game since they have better refresh rates. And lastly, Panasonic doesn't make a 42" LCD I don't believe.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Your statement is mostly false unfortunately.

my mistake its phillips, anyways i had not heard the burn issue is no longer an issue, thats good to hear

I was dead set on the Sony XBR 40" LCD (1080p) for my bedroom - viewing distance 9 feet. I really was consumed by the marketing hype that if I bought 720p I would be getting an inferior picture. Hell, even 1080p is marketed as FullHD, as though buying a 720 will give you half the quality!

Anyway, after doing more research and viewing a number of units I chose a plasma -- the Pioneer Kuro PDP 4280 HD. I can honestly say that I mostly watch sports and HD movie channels, and I am really impressed with this unit. I'm told once I hook up a BluRay, it will still look 'really good', even though it's a 720p. Great looking set too....I've had it for two months now hooked up to a Comcast HD box (through HDMI). I have barely touched the surface of this TV's capabilities, but I'm looking forward to exploring more.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

i bought a 42" Sharp Aquos LCD over a year ago and really like the TV. Its 1080p

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

i bought a 42" Sharp Aquos LCD over a year ago and really like the TV. Its 1080p

sharp makes a real god TV, i had a tube 32" sharp for over 10 years before this TV, never had a problem with it

Hey guys/girls..

I just recommended the following for my friend's wife who was getting him a anny present:

* Sony 40" BRAVIA® W Series LCD Flat Panel HDTV - Model Number: KDL-40W3000 * SAMSUNG 40" LCD TV with 1080p resolution - model:LN-T4065F Both are fine sets...good luck!

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

Lost Ball has both and doesn't see any difference between them though he has read all the specs difference in both 1080 plasma/lcd TV's
Golf is so popular simply because it is the best game in the world at which to be bad.

- A.A. Milne

Note: This thread is 5946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!