IGNORED

Turkey Coup Attempt

Abu3baid
Note: This thread is 2829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9/11 1683 - (notice month and day)

The Battle of Vienna (German: Schlacht am Kahlen Berge or Kahlenberg; Polish: bitwa pod Wiedniem or odsiecz wiedeńska; Modern Turkish: İkinci Viyana Kuşatması, Ottoman Turkish: Beç Ḳalʿası Muḥāṣarası) took place in Vienna on 11–12 September 1683[1][18] after the imperial city of Vienna had been besieged by the Ottoman Empire for two months. The battle was fought by the Habsburg Monarchy, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire, under the command of King John III Sobieski against the invading Muslim Ottoman Empire and its vassal and tributary states, and took place at Kahlenberg Mountain near Vienna. The battle marked the first time Poland and the Holy Roman Empire had cooperated militarily against the Turks, and it is often seen as a turning point in history, after which "the Ottoman Turks ceased to be a menace to the Christian world".

Battle of Vienna

Yep, the Islamists want a rematch! :ninja:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

6 hours ago, CR McDivot said:

So, now we know whom you serve!

Sodom and Gomorrah will have recieved more mercy than will Mecca and Medina when Yahweh judges! :~(

BTW - Send your assassins to avenge your "prophet"! Even if they survive they will burn in hell!

Please stay out of this thread. You are contributing nothing. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was hoping the Coup would be successful given Erdogan is pulling the country away from the West but it appears this was a covert op to flush all those that opposed Erdogan within the military so they could be dealt with.    

Joe Paradiso

7 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I was hoping the Coup would be successful given Erdogan is pulling the country away from the West but it appears this was a covert op to flush all those that opposed Erdogan within the military so they could be dealt with.    

That's not entirely true, they normalized all relations with Isreal including military cooperation.  They have been working for ever to join the EU and it is already well known that a lot of the people in the military opposed Erdogan.

We can talk about conspiracy theories all we want, but that's all they are..  Heck, there are people calling that truck rampage in Nice am inside job too.. You'll call them nuts, as will others call someone who calls this coup attempt an inside job.  Then we just go in circles.

Also, do you really think that's what the world needs?  Another democratically elected government overthrown by the military?  Is it ok in your opinion for that to take place in Muslim countries? All it will bring is just more death and carnage and why would anyone wish that upon any people?  Especially a relatively stable country like Turkey with key entry ways into the EU?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

56 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

That's not entirely true, they normalized all relations with Isreal including military cooperation.  They have been working for ever to join the EU and it is already well known that a lot of the people in the military opposed Erdogan.

We can talk about conspiracy theories all we want, but that's all they are..  Heck, there are people calling that truck rampage in Nice am inside job too.. You'll call them nuts, as will others call someone who calls this coup attempt an inside job.  Then we just go in circles.

Also, do you really think that's what the world needs?  Another democratically elected government overthrown by the military?  Is it ok in your opinion for that to take place in Muslim countries? All it will bring is just more death and carnage and why would anyone wish that upon any people?  Especially a relatively stable country like Turkey with key entry ways into the EU?

Erdogan is making himself more powerful by the day, eventually we will see his desire for increasingly more power turn Turkey into a dictatorship. 

Joe Paradiso

14 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0ZY0EA

All one needs to do to marginalize a politically incorrect position is to claim it part of a conspiracy theory.  Won't work this time, Erdogan is a militant fundamentalist playing both sides for his own benefit.  The article posted doesn't prove that the coup was staged  but it knocks another few blocks out of the Jenga tower.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

6 minutes ago, Gunther said:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0ZY0EA

All one needs to do to marginalize a politically incorrect position is to claim it part of a conspiracy theory.  Won't work this time, Erdogan is a militant fundamentalist playing both sides for his own benefit.  The article posted doesn't prove that the coup was staged  but it knocks another few blocks out of the Jenga tower.

Yeah, I read that earlier today.  The thing is you have to understand about that area is most likely every single country for good or ill probably have a very long list of people who oppose them for some kind of future use.  It's like the usual suspect list where when ever anything bad happens in an area they are rounded up and questioned.

If Erdogan and his allies decided at some point that they want to set up this coup how many people would have had to be in on it?  Could they really keep it a secret as to be able to fool n number of people while making sure that the other n number of people knew that it was a charade?  Finally, what kind gamble is it for him to come out and call on the citizens to come out to the streets?  So, what was the plan if they came out and actually wanted the coup?  The greatest gamble in history?  You either lose your rule and the country how into chaos or you become more loved by your people (one thing we can all agree on is that the Turkish people love Erdogan)

Things will definitely play out one way or another in the coming weeks.  For example, now the EU is coming out and saying to Turkey, "remember, don't execute anyone as you can't get into the EU if you have the death penalty"..  I think Turkey should just give them the middle finger in this instance, tell them you can't keep dangling that carrot with us and then give them an ultimatum that they will not seek the death penalty for 3k plus traitors in return for membership of the EU?  (Probably won't happen, but it's an idea)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

8 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

Yeah, I read that earlier today.  The thing is you have to understand about that area is most likely every single country for good or ill probably have a very long list of people who oppose them for some kind of future use.  It's like the usual suspect list where when ever anything bad happens in an area they are rounded up and questioned.

If Erdogan and his allies decided at some point that they want to set up this coup how many people would have had to be in on it?  Could they really keep it a secret as to be able to fool n number of people while making sure that the other n number of people knew that it was a charade?  Finally, what kind gamble is it for him to come out and call on the citizens to come out to the streets?  So, what was the plan if they came out and actually wanted the coup?  The greatest gamble in history?  You either lose your rule and the country how into chaos or you become more loved by your people (one thing we can all agree on is that the Turkish people love Erdogan)

Things will definitely play out one way or another in the coming weeks.  For example, now the EU is coming out and saying to Turkey, "remember, don't execute anyone as you can't get into the EU if you have the death penalty"..  I think Turkey should just give them the middle finger in this instance, tell them you can't keep dangling that carrot with us and then give them an ultimatum that they will not seek the death penalty for 3k plus traitors in return for membership of the EU?  (Probably won't happen, but it's an idea)

I can't see Turkey becoming part of the EU while Erdogan is in power. 

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I can't see Turkey becoming part of the EU while Erdogan is in power. 

Oh, I can see it, the leadership at the EU are not bright.  Should it happen?  Of course not.  Will it?  Probably not but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

I have a bit more knowledge of Turkey and Turks, having lived there for a year and a half.  These are not fundamentalist people, by and large.  They do not like Erdogan, they do not want to become Iran or Yemen.  They are a proud, free people and it would deeply sadden me if Erdogan imposes his will over them.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

5 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Oh, I can see it, the leadership at the EU are not bright.  Should it happen?  Of course not.  Will it?  Probably not but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

I have a bit more knowledge of Turkey and Turks, having lived there for a year and a half.  These are not fundamentalist people, by and large.  They do not like Erdogan, they do not want to become Iran or Yemen.  They are a proud, free people and it would deeply sadden me if Erdogan imposes his will over them.

I stated that for two reasons, one I'm hoping the EU is getting smarter after Brexit and I don't think Erdogan really wants to be influenced by the EU.  

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!