IGNORED

2016 c130 bag/clicgear 3.5+ club arrangement

Note: This thread is 2711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was finally able to get a decent bag. After spending the past couple years using a $40 bag that was a pain to deal with, I've upgraded to a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag. 70% of the time I walk with my 3.5+ cart, so I am looking for some suggestions on ideal club arrangement. I bought the tour bag kit to get the bag a bit more upright, but I wonder if there is an arrangement that would be best when I am using the push cart. Right now I have been leaving the clubs in the powered cart arrangement, but it isn't quite as nice as I think it could be. any thoughts?

Edited by shaggs2riches

On 7/28/2016 at 1:50 AM, shaggs2riches said:

I was finally able to get a decent bag. After spending the past couple years using a $40 bag that was a pain to deal with, I've upgraded to a Sun Mountain C130 cart bag. 70% of the time I walk with my 3.5+ cart, so I am looking for some suggestions on ideal club arrangement. I bought the tour bag kit to get the bag a bit more upright, but I wonder if there is an arrangement that would be best when I am using the push cart. Right now I have been leaving the clubs in the powered cart arrangement, but it isn't quite as nice as I think it could be. any thoughts?

Dude I have no idea what you're talking about, specifically the two bolded things.

I have the C130 cart bag, I love it. What are you talking about though, "the tour bag kit?" 

Are you asking which slots have which clubs in them? If so, I have mine setup shown in my attached pic.

I spent a lot of time selecting this arrangement. I use my push cart a lot. Here are some of my considerations:

1. Driver and SW are used all the time. with the driver above the first row with only short clubs in that front row it's easy to access. SW is on the corner of the bag that I am typically on when I park the cart next to my ball, for an easy grab.

2. On the sides, the irons are progressively longer with the longer clubs, and the bag slopes up a little, so each of the clubs are about the same length above the rails of the bag and are the least clunky in this way

3. The 2H/3H have little socks on them so they're easy to pull out in those spots.

Hope that helps. It's a great bag, I love mine. Would really like to know what the "tour bag kit" is though?

jkelley9-c130bag.png

Edit: ahh I see now. Google is my friend. Apparently the tour bag kit is a clicgear accessory to put the bag in a more upright position. I really don't think that's necessary for this bag, but maybe a personal preference for you? I prefer the bag to have a little lean to it (traditional configuration) as I think it provides a good low center of gravity. clubs don't spin around or anything either since they're laying pretty flat in their dividers.

Edited by jkelley9

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes sorry I re-read what I posted and it wasn't very clear. My bad. I had an issue with my driver and fairway woods sitting too low for the storage compartment on the push cart. So I was hoping to see how others arranged their clubs when using a push cart. I bought the tour bag kit for the clicgear hoping that it would do the trick and it does help lots to get the clubs away from the net and storage compartment. It definitely wasn't a necessity as the bag fit well on the cart otherwise. I will give your arrangement a try and see how I like it. When riding on a cart I like to start with driver and woods in the back and work my way down to short irons/wedges in the front near the putter well. Thanks a lot. Sorry again for the confusion.

Yea I hear you. The reason I don't keep my driver and woods in the back is that was the toughest area to access a long club (especially the driver being used so often) because of the proximity to the handle area of the cart and that all the other club  heads are essentially laying on those shafts making it a little more of a struggle getting them in and out.

With you tour bag setup though it may be a non-issue.

Another reason I go with driver/woods in the middle is that the bag is less susceptible to damaging a club when getting tossed around in the back seat of my truck. Less chance of a driver head getting snapped off with it in a "middle" slot. 

If I had to give my setup a name, I'd probably call it the "flower arrangement" setup ROFL.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

jkelly9, thanks for posting that diagram. I'm thinking of swapping out my bag and was looking at the C130 today in a local store.  Kind of caught my eye, price is a bit out of budget but maybe I can swing it. If not then I'll just wait since the frozen season is upon us now in my region.

(and I hope I don't get tagged for replying to a thread that is a few months old, I've been off the site for awhile, sorry.)

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Note: This thread is 2711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!