IGNORED

Ft. Lauderdale in December

Showboat12
Note: This thread is 2620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, dove694 said:

Where did you end up playing?

• Jacaranda East - We booked the 7:51am tee time through GolfNow and played 18 with a cart for $40 per person. This was the last course we played on the trip, we wished it was the first. The course was in truly immaculate condition from tee box to green. I don't have a single complaint. We were matched with a local who was not much older than us (likely early 30s) who was pretty cool, so that only added to our experience here. Logistically speaking, the course was only 5 minutes from our hotel. Again, we wish we played this course first. If we did, we would have had a chance to play the West course as well or even doubled up on the East course given the outstanding value.
  • The Club at Emerald Hills - Similar to above, we booked an early tee time through GolfNow and played 18 with a cart for $91 per person. The course was in great shape. Free range balls were provided prior to our tee time. The landscaping was fantastic, the course design was challenging. Overall an enjoyable experience, but I would expect one at that price point in Florida. I would definitely go back in the future.
  • Palm Aire Country Club at Palms - This was the first course we played. It was average at best. We had an early tee time and the grounds crew was spraying this blue substance on the greens which ended up all over everything... balls, clothing, etc. Course conditions were otherwise average. We booked through GolfNow and paid $41 per person for 18 with a cart. If I lived in the area, I may play the course out of convenience / cost. Otherwise, this wasn't the type of course I'd prefer to play while on vacation.
  • Woodlands Country Club West - Horrible. We booked a 7am tee time through GolfNow at $40 per person for 18 with a cart. When we arrived, we were the second to tee off. The course was not in great shape and conditions were average at best. Due to rain the night before and an early tee time, the course was extremely wet which is not the course's fault. However, the grounds crew was... interesting. On one hole, we were about to hit our approach shots when an employee walked on to the green and started cutting a new hole. On another, the tee box was completely blocked from the fairway but a bucket loader and employee with a chainsaw cutting down branches. I won't provide the other examples, that should give you a good enough idea. I would never go back here.

In the event you're visiting the area and would like more details on any of the above, let me know.

Note: This thread is 2620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!