IGNORED

Courses near Hoboken, NJ

Note: This thread is 5986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My brother in law loves golf, but he can't find a course near him to play without breaking the bank. Does anyone know any golf courses near Hoboken, NJ where he can play? I beat him last month by 5 strokes with an impressive 39 and he blamed it on the fact that there aren't courses near him.

Thanks

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Oofa. Tough one.

I don't know what your brother considers "breaking the bank", but greens fees on the eastern side of NJ tend to be uniformly high from Bergen County right down to the shore areas of Monmouth and Ocean. Even where I live in the hinterlands of Sussex County it's tough to find an 18 that charges less than 50 bucks - and that's off hour, weekdays.

There's a public 9-hole course in Lincoln Park he might want to check out that "only" charges $35 on weekdays, $40 on weekends according to http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses...course=1533856 . It should be pretty easy for him to get to: tell him to take Rt.3 West onto Rt.46, head to the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, and the Lincoln Park exits are right after the shopping areas. (Although it may be easier to grab Rt.23 North just before the mall and take rt.202 to LP - that way he'll avoid the construction mess on 46). He should be able to find it easily via googlemaps.

If he doesn't mind going a bit farther west, just off of Rt. 80 in Morris County is the Picatinny Arsenal Colf Course. If you've got a military card it's only something like 15 - 20 dollars. If you don't, it's still considered a bargain for the area at something like 50 bucks. I think they charge the same price weedays and weekends, and it's supposed to be a very nicely maintained course from what I hear (never played it myself). Because it's just off the interstate it's actually pretty quick to get to, even if the distance seems daunting.

Good luck! I hope this helps him kick your butt someday

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Note: This thread is 5986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!