IGNORED

Wishon Clubs

Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone purchased clubs from Tom Wishon?  There is a fitter near me that is recommended by Tom Wishon's web site and I am considering a new set if the price is within my budget. I've always liked his blogs and have had a couple of conversations with Tom. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play Wishon wedges and driver.  Each club was purchased through a local fitter and I went through a two separate fittings; one each for the wedge set and driver.   Mainly because they were purchased months apart, but I'm really happy with them and have no issues with quality or performance.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Thanks. Tom has referred me to a good fitter near my place. I hope to get together with him soon. I will probably go with 4 through PW and continue using my existing driver, fairway, hybrids, and wedges for now.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

12 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Has anyone purchased clubs from Tom Wishon?  There is a fitter near me that is recommended by Tom Wishon's web site and I am considering a new set if the price is within my budget. I've always liked his blogs and have had a couple of conversations with Tom. 

I purchased a Wishon driver 2 1/2 yrs ago and not only was it a great experience, it is the best performing driver I have ever played with.  I played a 3w for a lot of years because I could not hit a driver so having a driver in my bag that I can actually hit fairways with has been remarkable.   

Since getting the driver, I added a hybrid and then a 4W, and this year I added the Wishon Single Length irons.   I went from no wishon clubs to a full bag in 2 1/2 years lol.  

As much as I like the quality of what he sells, I truly believe the real value and game improvement comes from the fitting process that his fitters provide.  

Edited by kenstl

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to view the Wishon irons up close.  I am partial to the 565's looks mostly although the 771's are more of a GI iron, but I just do not like the look as well. The 565's are not that much different than the Hogan Edge's I currently play. The owner was not there, but his partner said that it might be possible to buy them 2 or 3 at a time from an initial fitting. I will go back when the owner is there.

"James"

I had a fitting for a Wishon driver last week, and should be picking it up tomorrow or Friday. It was a nice driver, but nothing Earth shattering. 

The irons, however, are sweet. I hit the fitter's personal 6 iron (565) and it was unbelievably smooth. I thought I missed the ball, it was that smooth. Trajectory was perfect, and it carried at least 5 yards longer than my 6 iron, and my 6 iron is stronger than the Wishon. I was extremely impressed, and will be getting a set sometime either later this year, or at the very beginning of next season. 

A lot comes down to the fitter, though. 

Edited by hilmar2k

@hilmark2k  You don't make it any easier for me. I am chomping at the bit to get a set, but really can not afford it. Also, I am wrestling with the idea of whether or not my game justifies it. Little by little I am replacing irons with fairway woods or hybrids as I've lost so much distance with my irons. I am fine from 100 yards in, but struggle with irons after that.  I  suppose I could get only a few new irons and later on add.

I do like those 565's.

"James"

Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!