IGNORED

The 73rd Italian Open.

Scotsclaff
Note: This thread is 2748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being played here at Golf Club Milano.

254interno28.jpg

882home_golf_6a.jpg

milano golf.jpg

Round 1 didn't get off to a good start as many players hardly got any golf in at all due to the thunder and lightening storms.However the defending champion Rikard Karlberg did mange to finish and shoot a 7 under 64.Local favourite Franceso Molinari is one behind Karlberg who shot a 65.

Seven of the Euro Ryder cup team are in the field.

More weather disruptions during the second round at Milan with some of the players not even getting off the tee.

Tourney is way behind now.

Good to see Willett,Kaymer,Sullivan and Fitzpatrick in the top ten.

Really compelling finish to that tournament.  Crowd was amazing, more people than I ever recall seeing at a regular Euro-Tour event.  Happy for them and Molinaro that he was able to hang on.  

While Italy is my mother-land, never really had a desire to golf there but this looked like a pretty cool track.  I've added it to the bucket list.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

Really compelling finish to that tournament.  Crowd was amazing, more people than I ever recall seeing at a regular Euro-Tour event.  Happy for them and Molinaro that he was able to hang on.  

While Italy is my mother-land, never really had a desire to golf there but this looked like a pretty cool track.  I've added it to the bucket list.

Hosting the Ryder cup in 2020 I think.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2748 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!