IGNORED

Question on Titleist 690 MB Irons

albatroz
Note: This thread is 5985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there ,

I am looking for enlightenment on the Titleist 690 MB Irons . When were they introduced into the Golfing Market . What are the Physical Difference between the 690MB and 690.MB . Were these released the same time as the 660'S ? Heard that Big Easy once played with these on 2005 .

I know there are a lot of Titleist Guru's here and any shared thought on the matter would be appreciated .

I don't know that much about the differences, but I'll pass along what I do know. The 690.mb was introduced in 2003. They had @.25" longer shaft than the 690mb and there may have been some differences in the hosel and lie angles, but don't quote me on that. Yes, Ernie played these clubs (or ones that looked like them).

I heard the reason why they went to a longer shaft in the .mb was because they wanted parity (same shaft lengths) in all their irons. When I got my .mb irons, they were just coming out and I was fitted using the mb. So, we matched the specs on the mb and had them transfer it to the .mb.

It was actually pretty cool because when my clubs came, there was a card inside that listed the specs (lie angle, swing weight and length) of each club. And, the card was signed by the person who checked the set. Also listed on the card was the serial number that was printed on each club. According to the card, should I ever need a replacement club, all I had to do was call Titleist and give them that number and the club I needed. My replacement club would come with my required specs since my fitting information was on "file".

Lastly, they included some shaft bands that read, "Titleist Custom Fit (my last name)".

DT

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Thanks for the info . Any way you can tell one from the other if they are put side by side ? Are all markings the same ... The 690 mb i got have S400 shafts . I understand the standard were the S300 .

I plan changing the shafts to Project X 7.0 or 7.5 . Have tried out a set in Project 6.0 . They play a little whippy for me . My shots tend to have a slight fade so having tried the 7.0 i think this will correct what ever fade there is .

Note: This thread is 5985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!