IGNORED

Hit my 4 hybrid farther and straighter than my driver

Moppy
Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had the same problem.. Could hit 210+ yards dead straight with my Hybrid but anywhere between 150-180 with my driver and 3W. 

I had a lesson and turned out I had a weak grip. I cared so much about my scores that I continued using my 4 hybrid and I never improved for that reason.

I've started bringing my 3W and Driver with me for some of those "might as well" shots to pick up confidence now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2017 at 10:15 PM, Kalnoky said:

If you are popping the driver up short, you are hitting down on it like an iron. That's why the driver is so hard to hit, because contact takes place after the low point. 

Try teeing the ball lower than normal, and grounding your driver in the center of your stance, like a middle iron. Then take your normal swing, and you should feel like you're "reaching out" to hit the ball.  Boom, you will poke it out there 200 yards, straight. Just don't swing too fast. Think "smooth tempo".

I used to have the same problem as you. I played most of last year with a mini-driver and a 3H. The driver is the most fun club to hit well. It's always going to be challenging, but the reward is worth it. 

This is great advice and worked for me

Note: This thread is 1896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!