IGNORED

Something cool my club does, do others?

Note: This thread is 7006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Two days a year my club reverts to as close as they can come to the original 1894 layout (actually, it's accurate to the 1906 layout because of houses).

But two things struck me again:

1) These people back then played a seriously long course.

2) How'd they do it?

I mean, we're only talking 194 yards for both nines, but it's where you put those yards, I guess, is my point; along with how different our equipment is 100 years later.

Do other clubs do this?

cy

Two days a year my club reverts to as close as they can come to the original 1894 layout (actually, it's accurate to the 1906 layout because of houses).

I thought they might've made you play with the hickory sticks and persimmons too.

Note: This thread is 7006 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!