IGNORED

2017 - CES Show / Autos

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope someday I'll have the opportunity to attend a CES Show in Las Vegas. The futuristic autos are always fascinating.

CES Autos

CES 2017 has been the biggest year so far for the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. More than 175,000 attendees converged on the strip this week to be among the first to see what the world’s top technology companies have to offer. Car tech took center stage for much of the show, which is certainly understandable considering all the disruption sweeping the automotive industry right now. Connected devices were a top theme once again as well, as the Internet of Things continues its shift from fantasy to reality.

There was plenty to take in at CES 2017, and we had a blast checking out all of the exciting new gear headed to store shelves in 2017 and beyond. In this post, we’ll focus on 10 products in particular that rose above the rest and really wowed us at CES.

Autos at CES 2017 are bigger than ever. Exhibition space is up by more than 20 percent over last year and now covers an area the size of four football pitches. Nearly 140 car tech exhibitors are showcasing products – both automakers, and the tech suppliers to them. Put together the pieces at CES 2017 and you really will see the car of the future.

CES.jpg

Faraday.jpg

Faraday Future FF 91

One of the most dramatic exhibits was the launch of start-up EV company Faraday Future’s new Tesla-beating concept, the FF 91. This has apparently already claimed a world record 0-60 mph time of just 2.39 seconds, making it the fastest EV on the planet. The firm also promises a 378-mile electric range.

Portal.jpg

Chrysler Portal Concept

Welcome to the minivan of the future, or the ‘fifth generation’ of family transport that Chrysler says is focused on millennials. This is no car -- it’s a ‘third space’, one that blends home and work. Interior space has been maximized and, naturally, it’s ready to connect with umpteen wireless devices.

Concept.jpg

Toyota Concept-i

Check out this radical Toyota CES show star. Concept-i previews a ‘friendly’ car of the future that’s focused on you, apparently. Far from being autonomous robots, the cars of the future are going to be more engaging than ever – and it’s advanced artificial intelligence systems that will be key here.

Harman.jpg

Harman WayRay holographic AR windshield

Head-up displays are smart, but for some, they’re just a bit… well, small. And passengers can’t see them. Enter Harman and Swiss holographic AR firm WayRay, who are debuting an amazing wide-angle full-width heads-up display for the automotive sector. It’s no fantasy, either: this is a proof-of-concept demonstration. The potential for creative new augmented reality automotive solutions? Endless.

Bosch.jpg

Bosch connected car

Bosch is a massive auto industry component supplier. The concept it’s showing at CES is thus significant: much of the tech found within it may soon be on the shelves for brands to build into their future production vehicles. And what’s Bosch’s big idea? To turn the car into the third living space. Hang on, haven’t we heard that one before?

MB Van.jpg

MB Van1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz Vision Van

Mercedes-Benz has taken a van to CES for the first time. But not just any van, but a concept called Vision Van. As the internet helps online commerce boom, so the transportation needed to fulfil these orders needs to digitise. Oh, and clean up its act: that’s why the Vision Van is all-electric, with a range of nearly 170 miles. Mercedes-Benz calls this van ‘a mothership for autonomous robots’. It’s a mobile goods depot that has a clever automated racking system incorporating eight Starship robots. An algorithm creates a driving route and robots are dropped off and picked up along the way: they autonomously carry on ‘the last mile’ to the delivery destination and are picked up later. Online deliveries just entered the future, people.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!