IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New goals for the 08 Campaign:
1. Consistently shoot in the mid-to-high 80's (low 100's right now)
2. Make the school golf team as a freshman
3. No 3-Putts
4. Nothing higher than a double-bogey

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Drive the ball better (with my Driver): I'm about to snap my favorite driver and put it in the closet... I hit 11/14 fairways in the first round of my tournament last week... I hit the driver more in round 2 and went 8/14... In the final round... I went back to Round 1's Strategy and had a perfect ball striking round 14/14 fairways, 18/18 Greens in Regulation and shot 63 and won by 10... (I hit 4 drivers in The Final Round) But my driver is military golf material inconsistant to say the least

2. Putt better- I averaged 29.6 putts per round last year, but 1.750 putts per green in regulation... but I tend to three-putt in easy situations and hole a couple fifty-footers the same round... Gotta work on my stroke or maybe get a shorter putter or something I don't know. (I've had the Carbite 9 years now)

3. Practice less- Yes practice less... I'm trying to get rid of this fade in all my clubs... (Or just learn to draw it) I can control it... But I'd rather hit it straighter... (I'd probably get more distance in all my clubs)... and as I try to get rid of it (granted its like a 5 yard cut maybe). I just get frustrated...
So I'm gonna work on my short game 3/4 of the time and Long game 1/4 of the time

4. Get ready for Q-school... You're the first to here it I'm turning pro... though I may wait till Bethpage Black next year to do it...

5. Have more fun- Just go out some days with a 5-iron, 7-iron, wedge and a putter and play nine holes playing different shots with the 3 other clubs its fun... I shot a 30 last year with 6 clubs... (Granted it was on a 3,132 yard, par-36)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goals:
- Play consistently in mid-80, not the current high-80's/lower-90's.
- Drop index from 16.6 to around 12-13 (now at 14.8)
- Better consistency in the short game and the drives (that's were I lose it)
In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

Goals for 2008(Since this is my first year taking up the game)
-Work on the basic mechanics of ball striking
-PRACTICE enough on the range to feel the little things
-Potentially play a few rounds before the beginning of August (and b4 my wedding July 26th)

Play at least 3 times per week
score below 100 before the middle of the summer
score below 100 more times then not before the end of the season
regularly hit more good shots then bad
get rid of all 4 putts
Beat my father, then beat my cousin, then beat my friend ryan

My goal right now is to get out there as much as possible.

I get frustrated a little easier now and am working on that, but I have a good reason. I show glimpses of how I used to play every now and again and it is driving me crazy to hit really bad shots. I used to be a 4 handicap and I kept a 4 to throw people off and it probably should have been lower. Now I shoot anwhere beteen 76 and 90 and I really am having a difficult time with that. My biggest problems is my wedges. I have been playing on a shorter course and I have been using my wedges more and am having problems with distance control. I can hit it at the pin, but how far is really up in the air.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Improve my overall golf game:

1) short game
2) putting
3) new reliable swing
4) shoot consistently within my handicap
5) get up and down 80% of the time
6) eliminate 3 putts

Spend 80% of my golf practice working on my short game.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I shot 3 under last year and would like to shot even and under a couple times this year again

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Break par!
shot par the other week.
Now i wanna break it. :)

And have a round where i hit every fairway, and every green.
i know the pros miss 6 greens a round, but its good motivation.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Goals for Summer 2008
  • Break 80 at least once, from any men's tee, preferably at my home course.
  • Reduce my Handicap to Single Digits.
  • Improve my Swing, and Putting by working with a PGA Professional

My goals for the remainder of the 2008 season:

1. Get my handicap down to 5 or below. It started at 25 last yr and has been coming down consistently.
2.Have a more consistent long game.
3.Go to the range or to the course almost every day in the summer season

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

1. Keep track of GIRs, fairways hit, putting
2. Improve driving accuracy, lag putting, wedge game

Hopefully the above will lead to:

3. Bogey golf by season's end

Shooting 100 is a big motivator right now for me.Practice just covers all areas for the game for me,but the short game in from 100 yds in particular is my main focus now.I'm hitting 60% of my balls in this area.

In my swing,during a round a slight flaw I have is to raise or post up with my left knee too early,obviously linked to me wanting to see where I hit the ball,so i'm working on driving all my downswing through that bend I established at address.

As I have gone on,the other thing i'm working on and slowly realising is letting the course i'm playing speak to me about how to play each hole.I can't just hit the club I want.Just last week a par 5 I was playing,finally I reached in 3,by playing a 16 degree hybrid,an 8 iron and a PW.Missed a 5 foot birdie,got the par.I had scored some big numbers on that hole in the past.Shot an 11 once,so I intend to take a more simple approach to my management.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

1. Hit driver consistently-if its a fade, draw, whatever. I know I can hit it 300, but I'll be happy with 250 if I can put it where i want it.
2. Improve around the green-any chip inside 30 is a crap shoot at this point.
3. More two putts-Too often I'm misreading speed and leaving myself with 7 foot par putts.
4. Get handicap to 10. I'd like to be shooting low 80s by the end of the summer.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

This is my first post so here goes.

I'm going to be turning 30 in October so at the start of the year I wrote down some goals I wanted to achieve in my life, not just in my golf game. I had two golf goals which were to get down to a single figure handicap and also to break 80 for the first time.

I have dropped my index from 16.4 to 13.4, with all of those strokes coming in the last 3 months so I'm confident I'll be close by October. At the start of the year I had only broken 90 a handful of times, but shot a 39 on 9 holes of my local club, so I knew I had it in me. Anyways still haven't broke it yet but shot an 81 in my last round which was a tournament, so again I'm pretty confident I'll do it soon.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Get my handicap down to the ~14 region (currently 18).

Sort out my driving, distance is great but accuracy is appalling!
Invest in a new set of irons

Bogey golf would be nice. But I will settle for not shooting over 100 again.
I probably won't be able to play enough rounds the rest of this season to accomplish playing bogey golf but would be fine with more 90's than 100's.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!