IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my main goal for this year is to win any prize in a inter-school golf tournament.
Handicap Index: 16.4
Driver: Taylormade Burner 9.5 Degree
Wood: Nike Sasquatch 2 , Honshin Wood
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Degree
Iron: Macgregor Mactech M685 (4-PW)Wedge: Honshin Professional Wedge 56 Degree , Adam Golf Tom Watson 2007 Wedge 60 DegreePutter: Honshin PutterBall: Taylormade TP/Red

1) make my swing more pleasant to the eye

2) become at least a 15 hdcp (i have more opportunities to play than before)

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

My goals for 2008

1. Get more consistent with my driver, when it's on I'll shoot low to mid 80's, when it's off it adds 10 strokes.

2. Better course management; quit being so stubborn, LOL, when the drivers not cooperating learn to leave it in the bag and trust my irons and short game.
Bill Coulter
Harrod Ohio

www.billcoulterart.com
What's in my bag:Driver SasquatchFW woods Irons X14Wedge's Putter

1. stop boozing on the course
2. stay up in the gym just a workin on my fitness
3. get back to scratch
4. stop losing so many Pro V1's (costly, especially when the booze gets involved).

Score 90: Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm hoping that a year from now I'll be a bogey golfer and anticipating scores in the low 80's.

The Annual Golf Retreat: Every year 12 to 16 of my friends go on a golf trip. I went this year and was the D golfer in my foursome. I want to improve my standing to be at least the C golfer in my foursome.

Straighten the Shots: More Consistency My slice has become a reliable fade. I'd like that to become a straight shot; long and true.

150 Yards and In: I want to improve my game from the 150 yard marker and in. This is where I expect to see my improved score coming from.

Putting: Turn three putts into two puts and two putts into a one putt.

Keep a Proper Handicap: I've never calculated my handicap and only have a general idea of what it is. This year I'm going to keep my handicap and use it to measure my improvement in the coming years.

Work With the HS Golf Team: There are a lot of good kids I teach who are good golfers. I'd like to get out on the course more and spend some time helping with the golf team.

In My Grom Bag:

Driver: NVG2 Draw
Woods: NVG2 3 & 5 Woods
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 3Irons: GT Xtreme 4-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.14Putter: White Hot XG9Balls: NXT, e6+Home Course: Apple Mountain Golf Course http://www.applemountaingolfga.com

My first year as a member at my club, I wanted to hold my handicap as I didnt think I could.

Break 80.

Win something.

Managed all of the above, 10 actually turned out to be easier to maintain than I thought, double whammy with the next 2, broke 80, which got me runner up in a club comp therefore I won a pro shop voucher.

My second year and this year I want to get down to 5 handicap.

Beat my best score in a major club competition or medal (78)

Actually win a major club competition and get my name on one of the roll of honour boards.

Hmmmmmmmm

Driving accuracy
Iron game and hybrid
Lower my handicap of course

Only good thing going on last year was my short game. I´m a high handicapper and need to get steady.

All the best, Bird

Irons Big Bertha (4-W)
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54°/58°
Hybrid, Heavenwood (4H) Fairway Wood Big Bertha (5W)Driver: X 460 Putter 2 Ball (SRT)

I want to run a really successful Golf competition in Ireland. I hope to attract lots of teams from all over the world. I hope the weather is kind to us and that everyone plays the best golf of their lives and has a great time. Its called the kerry golf classic. Check out the web site for details if you are interested. www.kerrygolfclassic.com

Lower my handicap.
play more.
take my son (hes 4, age not handicap) past the driving range. "4 years old and already a range rat "
get some new stuff
play more.
did I mention play more?
no??
oh, well play more of-course

whats in my bag,

Driver- 975D 7.5*
3 wood- 975F 13*
Irons- 2-pw Acushnet Tungsten AC-108'swedges-58* 64*putter-bag- staff I know its huge, but I dig it " I am McLovin"

I'm setting a goal of a 5.0 index AND an anti-handicap of 10.0. Last year, I finished 8.2/13.7, so those goals are very lofty. I really felt very close to busting through last year, but really just suffered from inconsistent driving and a poor iron game. I would literally have rounds where I would hit 0-2 greens. My short game and putting were good, I was just scrambling too often. I think if I can address those issues, I can really break through to another level.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

in the mood of the great commitment tiger woods has made, sharing the specialness of playing golf, or closely facsimileed type objects, as a most sacred and honored game for all children and peoples of all nations to come together to play and love and have fun, to dig and discover the true soul of golf

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Find a 40 yard shot !!!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

oh! and triple ganja usage

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

GOAL # 1: Drop the handicap from 19 to 15.

Sounds like not very much, but for some reason I was able to drop from a 30 to a 19 in one season, but I then hovered around 19 for all of last year.

I've only been playing for two years though, so I'm fairly pleased.

GOAL # 2: Learn to control the weather so as to keep the snow in Salt Lake City in the mountains and out of the courses in the valleys and benches.

For some reason, in order to have a good ski year I also have to give up golf in the low-lands. lol Granted, SLC isn't like most mountain cities, the "valley" is 4000 ft above see level, and my house is at 5,000. But still...

kdubspoon

GOAL # 2: Learn to control the weather so as to keep the snow in Salt Lake City in the mountains and out of the courses in the valleys and benches.

Let me know how this one turns out. I would love to adopt the same routine to prevent cold and snow in Michigan. We got about 8" on Friday. Today it's almost 50 and rainy and I'm wearing shorts. Tonight we are expecting more snow.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Let me know how this one turns out. I would love to adopt the same routine to prevent cold and snow in Michigan. We got about 8" on Friday. Today it's almost 50 and rainy and I'm wearing shorts. Tonight we are expecting more snow.

Michigan and Salt Lake City, two of the worst places for "Lake Effect" snow on the planet. We do have the advantage though being a high-desert, so we are usually good by late Feb. early March. I've heard you guys stay cold for a while.

Not sure about our snow totals melting away this year though, we are already 162% above normal (and normal is a TON). Alta ski resort (10 min. from downtown Salt Lake) has received 445" so far this season. kdubspoon

Michigan and Salt Lake City, two of the worst places for "Lake Effect" snow on the planet. We do have the advantage though being a high-desert, so we are usually good by late Feb. early March. I've heard you guys stay cold for a while.

For us it really varies from year to year. I have played the week of Christmas and in recent years there were playable days in Jan and Feb. We are usually out by late March. This year has been heavier than the last few.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 5646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!