IGNORED

My Swing (papageorgio)

papageorgio
Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: on and off for 10 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 12

My typical ball flight is: high draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: pull hook off the tee and on full irons; I am also struggling with hitting 3/4 wedges heavy/fat/chunk

My most recent round: 82

Fairways: 6/14 (8 if you include "almost" fairway shots)

GIR: 6 + 2 NGIR

Swings that cost me strokes during the round:

2 drives into the water, one drive OB, one drive that led to chipping out straight sideways from trouble

2 very fat wedge swings from 100 yards (into bunkers both times)

Huge pool hook with an 8 iron that led to a double bogey on an easy par 3

Glad to be posting after many months of lurking. I have been getting serious about my game for the last 3 months and have dropped ~5 strokes off my gameI have purchased LSW and am currently interested primarily in improving 1) my full swing motion and 2) my greenside shots.

The swings posted below are my attempt at a 9-3 wedge shot. Focusing on trying to lower the trajectory and hit the ball first. Was also thinking of how Spieth sort of holds his wedges off (keeps the club face looking at target). Interestingly, these swings still look very flippy to my eye. Also surprised to see how not athletic my hips look in this swings (looks to me like I'm standing up instead of firing).

Am I correct in thinking I need to do some work on keys #2 and #3?

Any comments appreciated.

Videos: 

Note: This thread is 2593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!