IGNORED

Lane weavers on my dashcam thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I let off some steam with tailgaters, now for lane weavers. Dashcam is very wide angle, so cars look farther than they actually are. This guy probably had 2 yards of buffer between me and him. And then there's the guy in the left lane trying to close the gap. 

This guy goes from far left lane to take a late exit, crossing the exit divider. But hey, he put on his blinkers. Before this he was weaving like crazy, making me nervous. F**king idiot.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, I know I'm gonna hate myself for asking, but why in the world would you even have a dash cam?  :hmm:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

27 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Ok, I know I'm gonna hate myself for asking, but why in the world would you even have a dash cam?  :hmm:

I think most people have them use them as an added form of insurance, so that you don't get stuck with the blame or even share the blame if an accident you're involved in was caused by someone else. If you have a dash cam you can pull up the video and say, "Look, this is where the guy decided to drive straight into me, I can prove I was on my side of the road despite what the other driver is claiming."

I can't speak for @nevets88 as to his personal reasoning, but that is the reason a lot of people do it. Some people also have them to prevent hit and runs in parking lots (they make sets of them with front and rear cameras) so that if the car is bumped it automatically saves and timestamps the footage so you can pull a license plate number and try and track the person down if they didn't leave a note.

On the way to the west coast outing Sunday I watched a tricked out Honda weave in and out on I-15. There was a motorcycle CHP under an overpass. Busted! Made my morning

:offtopic:

I got the dashcam basically in case of accident or theft (turns on when parked), I realize there are many shortcomings, you can't get every angle and sometimes the picture isn't sharp enough, but also for reasons I couldn't think of. Have saved footage from leaf peeping drives and scenic spots. Also have sent videos to people as "stupid proof" driving directions. Sometimes there's a store I forgot where it was, review the footage, there it is. Mine was $75 so not crazy expensive. It also records audio, so if you have an idea or thoughts and want an audio note, just talk. The mount, you can also attach a smartphone to it to get regular, non-wide angle, better quality video.

I just realized, I was taking photos of the new Kosciuszko bridge, doh - the dashcam was already capturing it. 

The basic gist is video has revolutionized a lot of things - you've seen it in golf. I figure there are things the dashcam might be useful for that will come to light when put to use.

Another thing is as I get older, I'm afraid my mind will go inelastic and veer away from learning new things, so I overcompensate.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Also notice in the first video how as the guy adjacent to me makes a lane change, the guy in front of him makes a lane change.

Maybe I should make a blog thread - Sucky driving, here's the proof. :-P

Once during a traffic jam I saw the reason - a car perched precariously balanced on the concrete divider. One half on one side, one half on the other. WTF? How the F did that happen? Wish I had a video of that.

Steve

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Once during a traffic jam I saw the reason - a car perched precariously balanced on the concrete divider. One half on one side, one half on the other. WTF? How the F did that happen? Wish I had a video of that.

I think the lesson is that I should get a dashcam. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

13 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I think the lesson is that I should get a dashcam. 

Nothing like driving around, recording for posterity, the mistakes you make on the road...

Just sayin... ;-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Nothing like driving around, recording for posterity, the mistakes you make on the road...

Just sayin... ;-) 

I drive like an old woman.  By contrast, my fellow travelers drive like people in Los Angeles. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The video records to a Micro SD so nothing goes to the cloud, unless you purposefully put it there. So what happens in the dashcam stays in the dashcam. There is no radio, cellular, or wifi in it. 

Steve

The dash cam I have picked out has been sitting in my amazon cart forever... I need to just buy the damn thing.

I mainly need it because there are a lot of liars out there. If someone changes into my lane and hits me... how's the officer to know it wasn't my fault? They're not going to go all CSI Miami and collect paint chips from the road for analysis and check local bank footage... that'd be a waste of money.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

15 hours ago, Pretzel said:

LOL, the one I saw the car was trunk on side of the divider, hood on the other, like a seesaw.

Steve

Note: This thread is 2549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!