IGNORED

My Swing (Maddmaxx63)

Maddmaxx63
Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 months
My current handicap index or average score is: 29.5
My typical ball flight is: 175 yards
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: all shots fade right

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated I have my 1st lesson on the 7-10. 

• RandallT changed the title to My Swing (Maddmaxx63)

Hi @Maddmaxx63!

Welcome to swing threads. Keep at it here, and chiming in elsewhere on the site and you'll start to gain a following and likely get some good advice. Glad to have you here, and I just saw your 2017 goals posting where you mentioned straightening out your driver. I think this thread is a good start for that!

Have you browsed this thread?

Some really good reference material. Everything from camera angles to practice techniques to swing guidance. I know you've got lessons coming up, but the thread above will enhance what you learn there hopefully. 

I'm not an instructor, but I do see a common thing is to focus on just a few key things to start out. The idea is to figure out which key needs the most work and chip away at that. 

Id suggest that you could focus on getting your weight forward. Lots of videos at the link above on that. From your face on video, it seems you are falling backward near impact. 

IMG_0593.PNG

Anyway, good luck with your lessons and hope you keep the thread updated with the progress. I'd imagine that over time you'll get some swing experts in here to offer thoughts as well as fellow travelers learning golf just trying to offer some support. See ya.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for the link and the advise. Been doing some reading and checking out other videos. I can see my weight and stance are way off also I just bought golf shoes and that seems to help. Frustrating to keep hitting the same shots. My grip needs some work also I tried altering it and made my fade into a hook so I'll try to go the other direction. Never thought that thumb placement from center to the right thump moved left of center would make that big of a difference but Shazam it did 

Note: This thread is 2647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!