IGNORED

struggling with a push (swing vid included)

Ziophils
Note: This thread is 5949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm struggling with the occasional push.
I seem to lose three to four inches head height on my downswing and I take very deep divots. Does anyone have any suggestions or drills to work on to stop this? thanks

swing vid is:

You are swinging UP for your release and leaving the face open just a bit. That will cause a push cut. Learn to DRIVE _LOW_ and _THROUGH_ the ball during your release.

Equipment, Setup, Finish, Balance, and Relax. All equal in importance and all dependent on each other. They are the cornerstones of a good golf swing.

don't move your head. That looked like Phil Mickelson at the 18th tee in the 2004 ridder cup (when he was playing with tiger)

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I want to know why the head moves. It must be the consequence of something in the swing, it doesn't just move for the sake of it. By the way the shot filmed here was a slight fade (about four yards)

You take deep divot because you attack the ball steeply. It's not really a bad thing. But, if you flattened your swing a little, it could help on both the push/fade and those deep divots.

Your head moves because you swing up on the backswing, so you have to correct on the way back down. But the cursor over your head with video in motion and you'll see your upper body lift on the backswing and simply correct on the swing.

Your weight isn't in the center of your feet, so you won't have balance. By losing balance, your head will move, and you'll get inconsistency

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Hmm.. let me give it a try...
I found out that it's best to analyze a swing with both a down the line and a face on video so that you get more than just 2 dimensions to work with. Be that as it may...

It seems like you're coming up on your backswing. I'm guessing if you were to show us a face on video, you've probably got some lateral swaying movement as well. The good news is aside from that, that's really your biggest problem. With a more upright upper body position at the top of the backswing, you're pretty much forced to "lunge" back down at the ball from "tall" back to "normal". If you don't time it just right, this tall to normal movement will promote a severe out to in swing as well as a deep divot due to the excessive vertical movement.

You hear the pros say "turn AROUND your spine." This is the most applicable swing tip for you. Don't allow yourself to have any sort of lateral movement, turn your back to the target and bring your arms up like you have been to complete your backswing. You might even feel as if you're reverse pivoting a little, but unless you're really overdoing it, chances are you aren't really reverse pivoting.

Like I said earlier, don't worry about changing your downswing, do everything you're doing from the top of your backswing through the follow through except the lunging action. You should be cured after that.

Hit a few buckets, down a beer and post back in the morning. :)

Titleist 905R 460CC Driver Fujikura Stiff 8.5
Titleist PT15* 3 Wood Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 980F 19* 5 Wood Titleist Regular
Miura Forged Baby Blades 3-PW NS Pro Stiff
Miura Forged 56* Sand WedgeTitleist Vokey 60* Lob WedgeTitleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design Newport 35"Nike One Platinum...

Looks like a nice swing to me. I was watching Viyaj Sing and Rocco M. do a clinic and Vijay was saying that on his take away he counts "seventeen" and this allows him to take a full back swing.

I know when I push the ball, I am not talking a full backswing and I am not in syn with my arms and my hips.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

looks like a good fade swing to me, drop your right foot a bit at address, like to see a pre shot routine where you are actually aiming.

Aim your shots every time at the range...then and only then will you know your ball flight. Then play that shot on the course.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Looks like ball position, ball is a little too far in front, try moving it back 1".

If that doesn't work, it could be your release, try griping the club gently especially with the right hand, you might be using too much right hand pressure.

The swing is very solid.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Note: This thread is 5949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!