IGNORED

Dana Point, CA

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

will be staying in Dana Point, CA in a week and wanted to see if anyone has any course recommendations for the area.

I see that monarch beach golf links is at the hotel, but haven't been able to find much about it online.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

will be staying in Dana Point, CA in a week and wanted to see if anyone has any course recommendations for the area.

I'm a big fan of Shorecliffs, which is in the area. I've heard great things about Talega and Aliso Viejo; they are the two favorites of a friend of mine.

BTW, for those three courses (and some others in the area), I check click4teetimes.com before making a tee time, as there are generally nice discounts available.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a big fan of Shorecliffs, which is in the area. I've heard great things about Talega and Aliso Viejo; they are the two favorites of a friend of mine.

Golfnow.com is also a very nice site.

I actually registered and get emailed great discounts the day before.
Driver: FT-5 (10° Draw UST Proforce V2 Stiff)
3 Wood: SS2.5
5 Wood: GT2 Tight Lies
4 Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22°
Irons: CG4 Steel Regular FlexWedges: CG12 (56° Standard Bounce) CG14 (60° Standard Bounce)Putter: XG #7Ball: Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft / Callaway HX Hot

Golfnow.com is also a very nice site.

Yep, I forgot about that site. I use C4TT more often, but the other site isn't bad at all.

Friday, I played Shorecliffs for $18 total - cart and course fees. No processing fee.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
If you're willing to spend $200 to play Monarch, you're better off driving 30 minutes up Pacific Coast Hghway to play Pelican Hill. The North Course is probably the best layout in OC with the best views by far. $225 on the weekends.

I'd also stay pretty far away from Corndog if you are there...he'll talk your ear off about how great USC is. Although his game leaks like an old Pinto down the stretch if he tries to reel you in.

Monarch is overrated...play Pelican if you want to spend that much. Arroyo Trabuco is a much better coure for the money or Tijera's Creek. Shorecliffs is a cheap muni, but if you want to play there, then go up to Costa Mesa and play either Los Lagos or Mesa Linda...better courses for the money.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I'd have to say San Clemente Muni is one of my favorite courses in the area for the money. San Juan Hills is also a good course for the price. I really don't pay more than $50 for golf so I wouldn't know about Monarch or Pelican.

In my Sticks stand bag:
Driver: 4DX Draw 9.5
3W: Pinseeker Ti
3H: 4DX IW
4H: 4DX IWIrons: X-20 steelWedges: CG14 52, MP-T 56Putter: Marxman malletGPS: SkyCaddie SG5

I'll agree with you on SC Muni...great track.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I'll agree with you on SC Muni...great track.

Yeah, brand new clubhouse and restaurant too. Hope they don't raise the prices now.

In my Sticks stand bag:
Driver: 4DX Draw 9.5
3W: Pinseeker Ti
3H: 4DX IW
4H: 4DX IWIrons: X-20 steelWedges: CG14 52, MP-T 56Putter: Marxman malletGPS: SkyCaddie SG5

Note: This thread is 5907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!