IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 39: played 18. Much better today.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 116 (26 Aug 24)Β -Β worked thru the 'somewhat vintage’ bag today - TA845s Silver Scot irons, TM R580 driver, SLDRs 3HL and Callaway Diablo 3h - at the net in the backyard. Β As I have not hit these in a while, it was a let’s get a feel for these irons again session. Β After a few moments I realized just why I still like these irons, as to me they are still sweet swinging clubs. Β Will be using these in the monthly nine hole super ball round tomorrow. Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 247: 8/26/24

Par4Success workout followed by some swing speed training. Finished the night with putts through a 50 mm gate.

• Administrator

Day 662, August 26, 2024

Practiced for 35 minutes or so, and then played 17 holes (we skipped a group on 6) with @DrizZzY. Hit a few killer good shots. A hybrid here, a pair of drives. An 8I on the last hole. Etc.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 40: got brutalized by Cooper and Crenshaw at Colorado Golf Club. Then played the 9 hole short course.Β 

-- Daniel

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Day 16:

Worked on backswing a little bit and then spent the rest of my time on downswing. It was too dark for recording swings or setting up Mevo+

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 117 (27 Aug 24)Β -Β Monthly men’s group outing nine hole super ball. Β Had grandson playing in our threesome - kid carried us on the greens as he made five 1 putts for 4 pars and 1 birdie - average distance was 10’. Β  For me it was a solid round of ball striking with the 845s Silver Scots, TM R580, etc. Β Now if I could only putt like my grandson…we finished 1 under with no bogies, 8 pars and 1 birdie.Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 41: did a stack session.

-- Daniel

Day 17:

Worked on pitch shots into net and some Indoor putting.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 664, August 28, 2024

HackMotion work yesterday (left wrist a bit funky) after failed ecobee installation (zone board incompatible) and going to spend three hours of off-and-on practice today (mixed with watching some S2M videos).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 118 (28 Aug 24)Β -Β Easy day with some of the clubs hitting into the net in the backyard.Β  Worked on setup and takeaway process.Β  Kept most swings to 1/2 swings as the focus was getting consistent contact on the ball with the club face.Β  Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 249: 8/28/24

Range session after discussing swing with coach yesterday. Felt like I hit the ball really well. Worked on a wider swing, and staying on my front post. Hit more crisp iron shots than I have been hitting.

Day 42: Mirror work. Checked that the grip was better with my right hand. Then worked on hinging the wrists a bit earlier in the backswing. I need to focus more on mirror work in season, because I think this was really helpful.

-- Daniel

Day 18

Back to school night so only time for some mirror work before bed.Β 

-Peter