IGNORED

ProLine Pre-Owned ["Calloway'] - my experience

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd been looking for a set of Hogan Apex Edge Pro irons in decent condition and had been monitoring eBay and the Callaway Pre-Owned site. For several weeks in December Callaway had a set listed in "Good" condition for $207, but I was holding out for one in at least "Very Good" condition.

But last Saturday a set showed up on eBay, sold by ProLine Pre-Owned - the eBay branch of Calloway Pre-Owned. In "Good" condition, with a Buy It Now price of $124.99 [$134.94 including shipping]. I noticed that the set on Callaway Pre-Owned was no longer listed. Looked like a good price so I bit the bullet and clicked "Buy".

Set arrived today. Good packaging in a sturdy box, separate plastic sleeve for each club. It's in better than "Good" condition, not quite good enough to be called "Very Good". As one might expect, the most used-looking clubs are the 8, 9 and PW/"E". What looks like a new Golf Pride V-55 grip on every club except the 3 iron, which has a somewhat worn Winn V17.

Considering that the PGA Value Guide resale price for a set in "Good" condition is $171... I'm pleased.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

I have never had a bad experience dealing with Callaway on their preowned clubs. Both Callaway and Ping have an A+ customer service department. By talking to them on the phone most reps are very knowlegable about their products. I was unaware Callaway had an Ebay branch.

Ping hoofer bag Ping G15 10.5* Driver, stock reg shaft Ping G15 3 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Ping G15 5 metal, Aldila 75g Stiff shaft Mizuno MP 69 3-PW irons, DG S300 shafts Mizuno MP R12 black nickel 52* and 56* gap and sand wedges, DG spinner W+ shafts Mizuno 20* FLiHi Clk hybrids, Project X 5.5 shaft 25 year old Bulls Eye putter, 33" or Ping Anser 2 Scottsdale 34" First round of golf was in 1963 at age 10. Best round -1. 2 Holes-In-One.

• 3 weeks later...
I have bought from them a handful of times and I will continue to buy from Proline Preowned or Callaway Preowned. With all the fakes out there, it is nice to know you are getting authentic with a money back guarantee if there's something wrong and 90% back if you use them and dont like them.

If you find a deal on their website, the club condition is better than they rate the club. If you find a deal that they have on eBay, it starts even lower than the website price. And if it doesn't sell on eBay, they'll relist it at a lower price.

I am always scanning for their stuff on the website and ebay.

I have bought:

Ping G5 iron set, Callaway BB06 iron set, Ping Tour wedge, FT-3 Driver.

Actually 2 of the 4 items I bought arrived and were not listed correctly. A wrong bounce on the wedge and a non-matching iron in the ping set. I called customer service and they gave me the choice of a partial refund to keep the clubs or to pick up the item and refund all of my money (incl. shipping.)

I know 2 out of 4 orders wrong seems bad, but the quality was there, price was there, authenticity there, the items were just ms-listed. And like I said, customer service is ecxeptional and it is really a no risk purchase. It is tough to say that nowadays without spending top dollar somewhere.

They are my top used online golf equipment source.

WITB
Rapture 10.5
looking for my V Steel...wish I hadn't sold it
a3os 7 wood
MX-19 4 - GW MP-R 54, 60Studio Stainless Newport Beach

Great Deal! Congrats on the new Hogans.
I just bought my bh-5's this year for a steal ($165) brand new.
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Note: This thread is 5935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!