IGNORED

Golf Fitness Trainer Hello

worbos
Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello

My name is Rick and as the title says, I am a golf fitness trainer

I curently live in Altanta but lived in DC the last 5 years.
Altanta is great for golfing but the weather has been a little chilly lately.

I have a lot of golf fitness insider info I will be sharing on the forums.
If you have any questions, give me a shout, I enjoy helping others

Take care

Nice to have you aboard, how is the job going and how much do you enjoy it? Can't be that bad if it involves golf.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Very enjoyable job

I think if we do what we like for a living, life is good.

Definition of liking your job:

Not having white knuckles on you steering wheel on your way to work

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing your insights on golf fitness. I'm starting a four week program in February to see if I can get some better strength and more flexibility for golf. It is with a fitness instructor at a local golf club, so I may have some questions once I start up with that.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Thank you for the welcome
Let me know what you 2 are doing for exercises and
I will give you feedback.

The golf fitness industry is still in it's infancy and
there is a lot of research and testing going on to see
what is actually effective or not

I'll make sure you're not a guinea pig

Thanks. My first session is the first Wednesday of February, so I'll let you know what we are doing, and the feedback will be appreciated.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Hi, I think you are going to be an excellent asset to this forum - fitness and getting the right program is critical for golf nowadays, look at the top professionals - they are all working out in the gym on a regular basis. I think I will be using your knowledge as and when required.

Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy it on here - I am new as well so its nice to see whats going on around this forum! Looks really active which is always going to be good!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

Definition of liking your job:

I agree 100%! I work a lot of hours and people ask me why I work so much. I simply say: "Cuz i love what I do".

worbos, Do you have any threads going on some products or techniques for good golf fitness on the board (or links to them elsewhere)? I'm not quite as limber (turning 30 this year) as I was when I started playing the game a few years back and am realizing that i need to start working harder to keep my body in "playing" shape.

Hello

If you like to write maybe Eric can give you a gig righting fitness pieces, monthly perhaps.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I agree 100%! I work a lot of hours and people ask me why I work so much. I simply say: "Cuz i love what I do".

ERC7

How are you? I actually have a home gym for golfers that I sell. I did not want to come on the forum, spam, throw a website in people's faces then leave. I enjoy talking to other golfers, helping out and learning a few things myself. I still train pros, amateurs and the rest of us golfers but I only have X amount of hours to train each week. I re-created what I do with my golfer clients and made it available to all golfers. Check it out at http://thegolffitnessguru.com/ Let me know what you think, it's excellent for your golf game but it's a great way to get your body in shape. Take care Rick

Welcome to TST.

Erik is one of the forum moderators and contibutors to the general web site. His screen name is Iacas http://thesandtrap.com/forum/member.php?u=1

If you look in the Announcements section the site is looking for a writer/content contributor...and a fitness column would be pretty interesting.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

A home gym is a black baseball bat?(weighted I guess)?

I doesn't look like much but when used properly

it will give you all the benefits of a home gym and more. Any golf fitness routine should include Core, flexibilty, balance, resistance and cardio for overall cardiovascular health and weight management The primary reason why the golf fitness industry is still in it's infacy is this: The golf swingis by nature multi-planar, circular and rotational by design. Most golf workouts exclude these key components and do not offer many tangible results. I work with golfers full time and this is the only thing what they want to use. I was an analyst before I switched careers to fitness almost 10 years back so by nature I constantly test and analyze feedback to refine the training system. I am re-shooting some clips right now( Bad lighting) and will put the link on shortly so you can see the edge in action.

A home gym is a black baseball bat?(weighted I guess)?

Bye the way, it is never used to imiatate your golf swing like the medicus. It is designed to quickly improve your key golf fitness factors Remember, you still have to practice to get better, I can only help the body's golf physical acvtivity readiness level.

Welcome to the forum. I really need a person of your profession right now.
WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

Nice to meet you. I am on my high school golf team and currently doing strength training to get my body in shape for the spring golf season. Please post tips and drills specifically for golf because I would benefit from anything posted.

Note: This thread is 5955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!