IGNORED

Amelia Island, FL trip

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf Club at North Hampton in Fernandina Beach. You will not be disappointed. Slammer & Squire in St. Augustine is a lot of fun, but is a decent drive for you and can be horribly slow depending on when you go. We played Amelia River Golf Club a few weeks ago. They had just aerated, but I thought it was still overpriced for what it is. 

Tasty's Burgers and Timoti's Seafood Shack in Fernandina are both local places that serve some awesome food. 

Hidden Hills GC is a fun course to play. Although the elevation changes are nothing spectacular, it's more than we are used to in North Fl. Queens Harbor yacht and country club has a nice course that is usually in good shape. Like you said rain is in the forecast and we have gotten rain almost every day for the past two weeks- hopefully the course isn't too soggy for you. Enjoy it.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:38 AM, gray said:

Golf Club at North Hampton in Fernandina Beach. You will not be disappointed. Slammer & Squire in St. Augustine is a lot of fun, but is a decent drive for you and can be horribly slow depending on when you go. We played Amelia River Golf Club a few weeks ago. They had just aerated, but I thought it was still overpriced for what it is. 

Tasty's Burgers and Timoti's Seafood Shack in Fernandina are both local places that serve some awesome food. 

thx

On 5/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, Trav904 said:

Hidden Hills GC is a fun course to play. Although the elevation changes are nothing spectacular, it's more than we are used to in North Fl. Queens Harbor yacht and country club has a nice course that is usually in good shape. Like you said rain is in the forecast and we have gotten rain almost every day for the past two weeks- hopefully the course isn't too soggy for you. Enjoy it.

great

On 5/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, Trav904 said:

Thanks! I haven't heard of those. Is Hidden Hills GC worth the trip compared to Fernandina Beach GC or Amelia River?

5 hours ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

Thanks! I haven't heard of those. Is Hidden Hills GC worth the trip compared to Fernandina Beach GC or Amelia River?

Hidden Hills is about a 40-45 minute drive from Fernandina. If you don't really want to make that extra drive, as gray said, North Hampton is a great course. 

Laurel Island Golf Links is just North of Amelia Island and a solid course as well. Closer than most Jacksonville courses. Watch out for the Georgia Patrol at Exit 3.

Fernandina is a cool fishing village. Just find a few places downtown and you can waste an afternoon in no time. Might recommend renting bikes if you're in to that sort of thing.

(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 9:10 PM, TheFlyerLie said:

Laurel Island Golf Links is just North of Amelia Island and a solid course as well. Closer than most Jacksonville courses. Watch out for the Georgia Patrol at Exit 3.

Fernandina is a cool fishing village. Just find a few places downtown and you can waste an afternoon in no time. Might recommend renting bikes if you're in to that sort of thing.

Thx TheFlyerLie. Yours and everyones tips were helpful. We played Amelia River GC and it was the highlight of our trip. Also, Fernandina Beach GC was horrible. Typical muni with lots of rough spots off the fairway, tees boxes without grass on them. I suppose if your a local beginner or a sr on a budget, it would serve it's purpose. For the food and killing some time, you're right Fenandina downtown was great. We ate at Espania and my wife enjoyed the shopping. My wife was eyeing down the spanish waiters. I guess we're even, I never saw so many young ladies in thongs in my life, at the Omni.

We even took advantage of the computer at the library. Nice place. The beach diner was average at best, Moon River Pizza was good. Breakfast at the Omni Marsh View restaurant was great, The pancakes were super. On the way back we played Lake Marion GC in Santee, SC. Now there's a lower cost bargain and good value. Really enjoyed it there. Overall a great trip. But, I think there are places closer to NC that are just as good.

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

Note: This thread is 2150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!