IGNORED

New 735s coming!

Note: This thread is 5923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Spoon,

I switched from PING I-5s to 735's last Fall, and have about 5 rounds on them. I must say that AFTER the Honeymoon period ended for me, the 735's are IN THE BAG FOR 2008 (and maybe longer. . .?)

I love em, in PARTICULAR the tendency I have to attempt shot shaping with the short irons. Its like the muscle backs are saying, "c'mon gfunk, you don't want a boring old straight 3/4 shot. . . how about a knock-down fade!!!"

Have you noticed anything like that, Spoon? I mean, maybe not actual VOICES, but different tendencies with the 735's.

Hey Spoon,

I hear the voices...

Well, I could tell right away that these sticks definitely have the ability to pull off some shots and allow you to be more creative. The first shot in a round that I hit was a five iron that was behind a tree. I played a low draw under the tree and branches that came off exactly like I planned. Another shot was on a 154 yard par 3. I started the eight right of the hole (middle of green) and hit a high little draw that was stellar. I could hit these shots before, but with the weight of the clubs feeling a little heavier, being forged, with the bladed and thinner sole design, makes the shot shaping easier. That being said, they are also forgiving, but not like a typical cavity set. If you hit a bad shot it will be a bad shot.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I could hit these shots before, but with the weight of the clubs feeling a little heavier, being forged, with the bladed and thinner sole design, makes the shot shaping easier. That being said, they are also forgiving, but not like a typical cavity set. If you hit a bad shot it will be a bad shot.

That last point you made is something that I keep coming back to. Having switched from Ping I5's to the 735's, there just isn't the forgiveness. Fortunately with the 735's the good feeling shots on the range during the honeymoon period got me through the frustration. And as I returned to fundamentals, I found that I could get the consistency that I wanted, in addition to the shot shaping ability.

Currently, my favorite club in the set is the PW, which I like to use for 1/2 swing 100yd shot. Great for straight, fade or draw. Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought I was lucky because my Finance bought me a new Nike SV Tour Lob wedge and a Callaway chipping net! I am lucky though.....to have any woman buy you a golf club(s) feels great, because you know that they know they will never be able to stop you from golfing

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Note: This thread is 5923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!