IGNORED

My Swing (Stevieb123)

Stevieb123
Note: This thread is 2092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Just over a month
My current handicap index or average score is: Unknown (Not been playing Long enough)
My typical ball flight is: Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice with Driver

Videos: 

Hi, 

Thanks for viewing my swing, firstly apologies for the shots from only one angle and poor lighting / clothing. I was never planning to record, and when I did i thought it would only be for personal use, until I saw this thread.

I understand most recommendations will be to get lessons, considering I have only played a few rounds and this was my third time using a driver - this is indeed my plan, however in the midst of a house move funds are very tight at the moment!

One of my issues is inconsistency, sometimes I can hit the ball clean... Other times it slices off to the right, when it does this I also appear to "top the ball?" It dives down after a short distance and rolls on for ages! I have managed to correct this a little by adjusting my grip on the club, moving my hands around (Stronger grip?) - I am also probably trying to hit too hard in a couple of the videos, I can only seem to drive to 200 yards before the ball hits the deck, so any tips on getting extra length is welcome!

Only other problem I have is an ache in my left hand, yes, I am probably gripping a little too tight as I felt the club slipping for a few shots. My Pinkie, ring and middle fingers on the left hand now ache, and the tendons running up my hand are the same. Would you suggest this is due to me not being used to it? Or gripping too hard?

I am sure there are many, many issues so any comments, tips, criticisms and hints are more than welcome, I need all the help I can get!

Many thanks for assistance in advance, appreciate your time.

Steve

Edited by Stevieb123
Additional Video

Note: This thread is 2092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!