IGNORED

Mid Cities Texas Senior Transplants From Long Island?

Ron
Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm trying to find some Long Island transplant seniors to play on weekdays in the Mid Cities Area.  Born in NYC and lived in Huntington my entire life.  I thought maybe "Birds of a Feather." (?? LOL)   I  did a Vietnam tour so that will tell you my age bracket.  I live in Euless and play mainly at Bear Creek because of the senior weekday rate.  Have played at Grapevine and Texas Star a few times (Very nice courses) but they tend to be a bit steep for me.   I know that money is not the first thing in life, but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place! 😎  Still fit and trim and still have some fuel in the tank.  Played a lot of golf in my time.  If there is no interest, I'll just stick with "Walk-Ons."  Different world down here. 🤔

Edited by Ron
Typo

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

Good luck with finding some new golfing partners. Lived in the Mid Cities (Bedford) for 20+ years before moving to Chicago. Bear Creek was also one of my favorite courses. Now I play on a city owned course that is laid out along Lake Michigan. I found it was equally challenging moving up north but was able to join golf league which has helped greatly.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks RWC.  You're right.  Finding good golf partners is tough to begin with and only gets worse as you get older!  

• Like 1

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!