IGNORED

Considering Project X shafts, need recommendation

Note: This thread is 5920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Roy,

My fitting experience was almost identical. Three hours, $250, hitting multiple shafts on Bridgestone blades, getting fitted for the best ball and choosing a shaft for my driver. I also had my putter adjusted and had additional weight. My wedges were extended and the bounce was shaved down, slightly.

Just like you, it lifted my confidence, tremendously. I had been "fitted" once before, if you want to call it that. How someone goes from playing Regular Flex irons to a Stiff Plus is anyone's guess. I'm not going to complain, though. It's a lesson learned.

My game, since, has improved by leaps and bounds. My handicap is down to an 11.4. I'm hoping to get better by controlling my chipping. I received some great tips, both physical and mental, about putting. Hopefully, I can shave some strokes this year.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Wow, that's one detailed fitting! Mine was at Edwin Watts and it went like this:

For the irons, after narrowing down my desires I was given a couple of clubs to take to the range and demo. I tried them out and figured out which one I liked more. After that I was put on a launch monitor for the swing speed and hit off of a plate with tape on the sole to figure out lie. That was it for the irons. I turned out to need a standard lie and length, so no adjustments were needed.

For the driver it was more "on the range" for fitting and on my own. I demoed various drivers with different lofts and shaft flexes until I found one that I hit well. Based on my swing speed from the irons we were able to narrow it down to a stiff shaft quickly, and the guy recommended a 9 degree face right off the bat. It turned out to be a good fit in the long run. I did try a 10 degree driver with a stiff shaft, and then later tried a 9 degree driver with a regular shaft. Both caused me to baloon shots way to high.

While my fitting wasn't as detailed as those listed above, it definitely helped my game and boosted my confidence. I really love my clubs, and the pro I'm working with said they fit me very well. Oh, and the fitting didn't cost me a dime either.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that's a very detailed fitting session...

And so it was at my fitting!

Ok, you paid for the intensive fitting 250$ and by that you should be fine in a way that you don't feel obligated to buy with this expensive prices!

In my Bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10,5°, Graphite Design Purple Ice 85 Regular
#3 Wood: Taylormade R7 Steel 15°, RE*AX 70 Stiff

#4 Rescue: Taylormade Rescue Hybrid 09 22°, RE*AX 65 Stiff
3-PW Irons: MP-32 ProjectX 6.0
Wedges: MP-T Black Nickel 51.6 and 56.14 Spinner Rifle Shafts
Putter: Studio Style Newport 2.5 35''

Golfclub Schloss Myllendonk (Par 72, CR 72,9, Slope 134)

Note: This thread is 5920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!