IGNORED

Buying New Irons

Sean_D
Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I received my G400s yesterday. I was delayed because PING close for 10 days for the Christmas/New Year's holiday. I absolutely love these clubs. They feel great, fit well and I hit them significantly better than the Cobras they replaced. I am going out on the course after work today to start gapping my new iron set. The course where I am a marshal has a long, straight par 5. I will hit 10-12 shots with my 5-iron and, leaving my bag as a marker of where I hit from, I will go out to the estimated center of all my golf balls and laser back to the bag of an average distance for that club. I probably won't get through the entire set of irons in one evening, but I'll get it done in a couple of days.

As part of my fitting, I will also be going back to where I was fitted for a follow up. I don't know if a gap analysis is included in that appointment (I'll ask that question when I schedule the appointment tomorrow), but I am glad the shop where I was fitted has this as part of the fitting. 

Next up.... Putter fitting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SAM Putt Lab, I believe. I have been researching the Edel process and I will inquire about how SAM deals with aim and speed/distance control.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!