Sign in to follow this  
iacas

29 Signs You Take Golf Too Seriously

Take Golf Too Seriously  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the 29 items in the first post apply to you?

• 0 (None)
    • 1-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-13
    • 14-19
    • 19-24
    • 25+

55 posts / 4433 viewsLast Reply

38 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Shouldn't spending free time (or work time, ahem) on a golf forum count towards our golf "nerdiness"?

Guilty of this, but none of the others, any more  🤪

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Have been using Game Golf Live, in classic mode for the past 20 games, and has been good to be able to record my game and review afterwards, thought last night I would try using the app again (on android) as well, to see if would get the same problems as before, seeing as just using the puck had been working fine So, switch the puck on, load the app, make sure they are connected, get to first tee .. tag my driver, hit away .. go to my bag, no shot recorded on the app (however, the puck did vibrate and beep).  Get to my next shot, tag the 8 iron, beep and vibrate again ... still no shot recorded on the app.  Decided at this point, to close the app, and just use the puck in classic mode ... when I got home, everything was recorded as before Really do not understand why there is so many probs with the app.  I will carry on using the GG in Classic mode, but will prob use Hole 19 for on course data ... so frustrating 
    • Amusing myself while we are in lockdown here in Aus by planning a possible trip in a year or two. I have had 4 or 5 golf trips to the US and am always thinking about the next one!! Start in Washington State at a little muni called Snohomish. Drive a few hours to Gamble Sands. Across the wine valley to Idaho and Circling Raven. Into Montana and The Ranch or Canyon River both at Missoula Old Works with its black sands. Bozeman - Cottonwood Hills Billings - Eaglerock Wyoming - Bell Nob SD - Red Rock or Hart Ranch NE - Prairie Club NE - Wild Horse Ne - Indian Creek IA - The Harvester IL - TPC Deere Run IL - Ravisloe or Kankakee Elks IN - Warren @ ND OH - Fowlers Run (maybe Sleepy Hollow) PA - Olde Stonewall PA - Gettysburg (not sure about the golf course but I like some history) NJ - Architects NY - Bethpage Black NY - Montauk Downs (this is a course I have always wanted to play being at the extreme end of LI). I think these 22 courses can be done in 3-4 weeks. Max daily drive about 3/4 hours. Appreciate any comments on what better alternatives might exist without deviating from the I-90/I-80 route. All these courses are playable by we plebs, I believe. But if anyone can tell me, I would like to know what private courses along that route are amenable to a polite request from travelling golfers.
    • Day 54.  Bad news, I didn't do speed sticks yesterday despite planning to do so (Note:  I did other practice, as indicated on previous day count).  Good news:  I did so today, continuing to get >100 on the red stick, which is nice.  
    • Day 80 - More of the same, working on my takeaway, focus is on the hips turning more by A3.
    • Yeah, that’s why I mentioned trying to get into a more neutral spine position at address because I start horizontally shifted too far to the target with the upper center. That won’t be enough to get it to where it needs to be but hopefully it is a start. I think I’ve suffered from this flaw for a while to be honest. I’m not really sure what it was about the Chautauqua swing that made the upper center be in a better spot compared to these. These swings were done at much less than maximum effort (and less effort than the Chautauqua swings), so I’m not sure if that somehow played a part. The other thing I can think of is that the backswing sway here was a bit too extreme (possible) which made my momentum forward too much for the upper center to handle. The final thought and maybe the one I have the most conviction in, is that out of these swings (Chautauqua included) I worked down towards the ball more during the outing which essentially replaced some of the movement that happens horizontally with vertical movement.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. JoeInPI
      JoeInPI
      (47 years old)
    2. meenman
      meenman
      (51 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...