IGNORED

What Flex is Dynamic Gold Lite "S"?

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, "first time long time"... I've seen some talk in the past on the Dynamic Gold Lite shafts - had a question: 

TLDR: What flex is a Dynamic Gold Lite "S" shaft (nothing else written on shaft)?

Background (if you so care to read on):

I recently purchased a Taylormade v Steel 5 wood on eBay to experiment with.  Saw some nice reviews back in the day and TM seems like a reputable brand. I'm a high handicapper (18) and have only been playing a few years.  I've messed around with Hybrids (17, 20, 23) , Driving Irons (2i, 3i, 4i), but had trouble with the 3 wood.  My grandfather had a Mitushiba Verdict 5 wood that I loved swinging but is in my pops bag nowadays, so figured I'd try a 5 wood and 7 wood (TM v steel on the way) just to try and learn. My swing speeds are in the high 90s for driver and regularly can get into the mid to high 100 range if I want to get into it.  Anyway the eBay listing had the 5 wood as a Stiff shaft.

When I received it it read "Dynamic Gold Lite 'S'".  I picked it up and waggled it a little (Like Hogan tells us to do - Apartment is too small to swing...learned that the hard way) but it seemed pretty "whippy" more so like a regular shaft.  I compared it to a regular graphite flex I picked up at the bargain bin (Kuro Kage - Mistubishi Rayon - 65HY Flex-R) and the DG Lite "S" seemed a bit more whippy than that even... 

Did I mistakenly buy a senior flex? 

I'm thinking that since these woods came out in the early part of the 2000's perhaps it's a result of technology and it is truly a stiff shaft at the time? 

I paid like $30 or something for the club, I wouldn't be opposed to putting $30 in it if you guys think I can find a stiff shaft for someone to install for me (wishful thinking I'm sure)... Attached a few photos.  One is of me temporarily holding the bend in the poor old club... 

Anyway..."I'll hang up and here your thoughts, thanks"

-mgscaughty

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.jpg

The DG you show is a Stiff flex. I don’t think they even make the DG steel in a senior flex. I wouldn’t base it on how it ‘feels.’ Go hit it and get some numbers.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Was thinking that's the only other thing the S could stand for but that makes a lot of sense, thanks! 

Edited by mgscaughty
Forgot to mention in original post I thought the S could stand for "Senior / Stiff"

11 hours ago, mgscaughty said:

Taylormade v Steel 5

The chart indicates the club was not manufactured with a Senior Flex shaft.
The "whippy" could be due to the shaft not being tip trimmed.
Fairway woods are generally easier to hit with a soft flexing tip, it gets the ball airborne easier.

dgl.PNG

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1860 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!