IGNORED

New Clubs for Father-In-Law

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So trying to get some clubs for the father-in-law for Father's Day and want to do this thrifty since he doesn't play much. The idea is to find some forgiving clubs too because he needs the help and the ancient muscle backs he's playing should have never been in his bag to begin with!

So here are some ones I'm looking at.

Nickent 3dx 3,4 Hybrid 5-PW Irons Combo Set Grap
Bridgestone Golf GC Midsize Irons 4-PW Graph
Adams Golf- Tight Lies Classic 4-SW Irons Steel

So those are the options I've come up with at the moment. I've never hit any of the above clubs, but have heard good things about the Nickent set and the long irons are Hybrids which is nice. The Bridgestones I heard were decent and I threw them in simply to expand the options. Finally the Adams set I like for the price point. If I go that route I can add some other clubs in there as well.

So any recommendations? Any alternate options?

Thanks!
Inside the OGIO Exodus
Driver: Ping G10 10.5* w/ TFC129 Stiff 45"
Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo2 #4 & Sumo #2 w/ DG S300
Irons: Callaway X-20 5-PW w/ DG S300 2* Up
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

I've hit the Nickents, they're really nice clubs. They advertise they're longer than most clubs but that's due to the lofts being a bit more aggressive but they did fill in the gaps by including a 10 iron as well. The hybrids hit really well too! Can't compare them to the others since I haven't hit those.

I've hit the Nickents, they're really nice clubs. They advertise they're longer than most clubs but that's due to the lofts being a bit more aggressive but they did fill in the gaps by including a 10 iron as well. The hybrids hit really well too! Can't compare them to the others since I haven't hit those.

Haha, I thought that was a typo when I read their was a 10-iron! Thanks for the info =)

Inside the OGIO Exodus
Wedges: Nike SV Tour Black 52.10 - 56.10 - 60.6 w/ DG S400Putter: Tour Bettinardi 32.5" Loft 3* Lie 70*Ball: Precept U-Tri Tour / Bridgestone...

I have only hit the Nickents,which were nice. However if your trying to be thrifty I would go with the Tightlies. RBG had them for $99 last week.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I have only hit the Nickents,which were nice. However if your trying to be thrifty I would go with the Tightlies. RBG had them for $99 last week.

Yeah they still have them for 99... just trying to make sure I'm getting him the best bang for the buck and I know the Nickent's are pretty nice.. can't find anyone who has hit the tight lies though LOL

Inside the OGIO Exodus

I strongly suggest the Golden Bear GX2. While the driver is meh...the irons are very forgiving, as well as the 3, and 5 woods, and I loved the hybrids. Now my backup set...those were WELL worth the $120 i got them for.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Note: This thread is 5807 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!