IGNORED

New clubs for 09

Kcas77
Note: This thread is 5611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was looking for a new set of irons and a driver to replace my r7 irons which i just hit way TOO high. And my r7 460 which i cant get any distance out of.
the irons im looking at are the adams idea pro gold, nickent 4dx, and cobra pro cb. The drivers im looking at are the cobra L4V and Titleist 909 D2. Thanks forr your suggestions.

I was looking for a new set of irons and a driver to replace my r7 irons which i just hit way TOO high. And my r7 460 which i cant get any distance out of.

As you can see in my signature I have the 909D2 and absolubtely love it. My friend has the L4V and I have hit it a few times. The D2 feels like I compress the ball more. its an excellent feel club. The sound is also GREAT. The Cobra was alot firmer and I couldn't really tell when I mishit it by a small margin only arge errors, which i personally dont like. The only other down side of the Cobra is the sound, when i hit it it hurt my ears it was so loud.

I would advise trying them both in a simulator. Good luck.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

For irons, definitely look at the Mizuno MX-200 irons. I have long had the same problem of hitting the ball too high with irons and will be buying the Mizuno MX-200 irons as soon as I can get this extra kidney of mine sold . I have hit the Adams Idea Pro Gold and also think they are a good choice, especially if you are looking to add hybrids to you bag, but if you don't want hybrids or have hybrids you already like then they are not that good a deal. The Mizuno and Adams clubs are about the same level, it's just a personal preference.

As for driver, good luck. I have not had a lot of luck finding a newer driver that I can hit as well as my old Taylor Made R540XD. I have hit the Titleist 909 D2 and D3 and liked both pretty well, although I think I prefered the D3 because of the smaller head (440CC for D3/460CC for D2). I've not heard a lot of great things about the Cobra L4V (and didn't find it especially impressive when I hit it). I have been reading that the new L5V corrects some of the issues that people had with L4V. I only hit the L5V about 4-5 times and didn't see what the big deal was.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Do actually like the r7 iron heads? Hitting it too high may be more of a shaft issue than actual iron issue. If you like the heads, it may be cheaper to just find the ideal shaft. That said, I second the Adams Pro Gold. The irons are just beautiful and you can find them online for a good price.

Your can't go wrong with any of the driver choices. Have you looked at the new R7 limited? It comes with a great shaft, Matrik Ozik, generally at least $300, by itself. So it's a great deal and smooth driver.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

For irons, definitely look at the Mizuno MX-200 irons. I have long had the same problem of hitting the ball too high with irons and will be buying the Mizuno MX-200 irons as soon as I can get this extra kidney of mine sold

Found great deal on MX-200s, 4-GW with a 3 Fli HI added. Will be order to Fit with proper club length and lie angle for me. IYO, as an 18 handicap are these 200s too demanding or might I grow into them.

My Wishon irons obviously don't carry the cachet of the latest models from Mizuno or Fourteen or TourStage or one of those, but let me tell you, they feel great on impact, launch the ball on a favorable trajectory, and keep unwanted sidespin to a minimum.

They're as forgiving as one could ask, but you can still knock the shorter ones down from back in your stance or float them softly from a ball or two forward. If you want to curve the longer ones, you can make a meaningful adjustment--you don't have to be so subtle as with blades and such.

If you're a guy who changes gear often, you'll take a beating because they'll be more expensive than you expect and hard to sell for much money at all. But if playability is the first concern, I've got fifty seasons under my belt and never played better irons.

When looking at new irons, pay close attention to the shaft since you say you hit your current irons too high. The shaft has a lot to do with the ball flight so new irons alone won't solve that problem. I went to DG R300's in my new irons to bring my flight down.

As far as iron options: check out Titleist AP1 and 2 and Mizuno MP 52, 57.
Driver: Can't go wrong with the new Titleist. Also check out the new Rapture V2.

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

Found great deal on MX-200s, 4-GW with a 3 Fli HI added. Will be order to Fit with proper club length and lie angle for me. IYO, as an 18 handicap are these 200s too demanding or might I grow into them.

I think these Mizuno irons are fine for an 18 handicap. They are forgiving, but not like a Super Game Improvement set (like the MX-100). They feel great and if you're getting them custom fit, then I think you'll find these irons are a good fit. They should be forgiving enough to help with bad swings, but not so forgiving that you'll not realize how bad that swing was. I'm jealous - I would really love to have the MX-200's.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I think these Mizuno irons are fine for an 18 handicap. They are forgiving, but not like a Super Game Improvement set (like the MX-100). They feel great and if you're getting them custom fit, then I think you'll find these irons are a good fit. They should be forgiving enough to help with bad swings, but not so forgiving that you'll not realize how bad that swing was. I'm jealous - I would really love to have the MX-200's.

Thanks for the response concerning the Mizuno MX-200s. Unfortunately, being here in Wyoming, where today it is 10 below zero, I will not be able to provide feedback for a while.

Thanks Again!

ScruffyScraper, which model of Wishon irons are you referring to as your signature lists Miura irons.

Ping G10 10.5 degrees
Nike T60 15 Degree Fairway
Launcher 19 Degree Fairway
Launcher 22 Degree Fairway
Callaway X12 Irons, 6-AWCleveland Zip Wedge; 54Tour Edge W.Chicago 25th Anniversary PutterPrecept Laddie X Ball

ScruffyScraper, which model of Wishon irons are you referring to as your signature lists Miura irons.

The Miura MC102s are a retirement gift to myself. I wanted to splurge on something special at this special time in my life. Who knows if they'll be my last set of irons?

The Wishon 770CFEs are what I played for most of the season just past, and they certainly didn't need replacement. They are very playable clubs that aren't going anywhere. The Miuras don't give me any more game--but they're stunningly beautiful.

Note: This thread is 5611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!