IGNORED

New to Golf and The Sand Trap

Candycane
Note: This thread is 6571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all,
New member here...obviously. My name is Candice. I am 25 and from Canada. I picked up golf last year after incessant nagging from my boyfriend of 7 years. Much to my surprise, I loved it despite proclaiming for years what a dumb sport it is. I made a decision last year to quit my other summer sports and focus on golf. I started out shooting about 110, now I'm usually in the high 80's to mid 90's. Best ever score is 85 (39 on the front nine though!). I hope to break 80 this year which is a goal that I feel is very achievable. I commit at least 6-7 hours per week to practice and I've discovered I need to commit about 2 hours a week to chipping and putting alone! Because of the cold weather here, our course just opened last weekend. I'll be playing for the first time on Friday!

Anyway, this looks like a great forum and I hope to learn a lot!

Hello & welcome!! Now I'll just ignore the "....proclaiming for years...dumb sport...etc" part and leave it at that (heheh). Anyhow, I'm glad that your boyfriend was good enough & patient enought to nag you into the game!! I hope I can do the same with my spouse....wish me luck because so far she's been unreceptive...

What's in the bag:
Tourstage 405 X-Drive driver w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
Tourstage F-UT 3 wood w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
PRGR 7 wood hybrid Graphite Design Pershing shaft
Tourstage X-blade irons w/ NSPro 950GH shaftsNike Tiger Woods model SWVintage Scotty Cameron Mizuno putterBall:...

Hehe! Thanks for the welcome.

I would never dream about uttering such a thought about the game now. It has challenged me in so many ways. I have had many frustrating days on the course and the range and truly respect the game of golf. My only regret is that I didn't start sooner!

Good luck with your spouse!! I originally got into the game by being bribed. I saw a fantastic pair of Nike golf shoes. My boyfriend offered to buy them for me only if I came to the range 10 times all season. I've been hooked since.

Aaaah, now that sounds like a plan!! Bribery!!! Thanks for the suggestion and keep on sharpening those skills....

What's in the bag:
Tourstage 405 X-Drive driver w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
Tourstage F-UT 3 wood w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
PRGR 7 wood hybrid Graphite Design Pershing shaft
Tourstage X-blade irons w/ NSPro 950GH shaftsNike Tiger Woods model SWVintage Scotty Cameron Mizuno putterBall:...

Welcome. I'm new too...where bouts in Canadia? I'm just south of Vancouver.

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

Note: This thread is 6571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!