IGNORED

Ok More Questions..MX-200 Shafts, New Driver

Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Me again.

I currently have mp-60's and have decided to get some mx-200's for my long irons. 4,5,6,7. Now I've seen alot of clubs coming with the project X shafts. Is there a big difference between those and the stiff dynamic golds on my mp-60s

The shop is willing to throw in project x shafts on the mx200's but I can also reshaft my mp60s to match.

Next on the agenda is my Driver.

I have a r5 driver and it definitely looks old now. I have a good budget but dont want to overpay. Any 2008 drivers that I can get for a steal? Any 2009 that are just worth it?

I would say $350 or under for the driver (200-300 feels better).

Let me know.

The Project X shafts tend to be a little higher trajectory than DG-S300 (depending on which flex you're going with in PX shafts). I know they tend to be a little more expensive than the DG shafts (but not a huge difference). There is now a DG HL (high launch) that I think is supposed to have a similar flight as the PX. Whatever shaft you go with you should try to keep them the same across your irons (although I have heard of people going to Project X flighted shafts in long irons...)

As for drivers, it really depends on what you like. Personally, I am not a fan of the large 460cc drivers and have still been playing a R540 XD that I bought new several years ago. There are some nice drivers on the market now and most can be bought for $300 or less. One of the new drivers I have actually liked is the Adams Speedline. It looks smaller at address (although it's technically still 454cc I think) and has a nice feel and has had a good buzz. The Ping G10 is also a nice driver that doesn't look as large at address as some others. I've also heard good things about the new Nike Dymo drivers. I've only hit a couple balls on simulator with them so I can't say much about them. Best thing is just to go hit some different models and see what you like. One thing to watch for is the new Taylor Made Burner drivers (last few models in fact). They shaft is a little longer which can lead to less accuracy, although theoretically it should help increase distance. I have not liked most of them. The Tour Burner from last year was OK, though. Be sure to check out last years models of drivers because they are considerably cheaper, but just as good (despite what the manufacturers want you to think). I noticed the Ping Rapture is now down to $200 as is the Callaway FT-i, both of which were $400+ when they came out.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

• 3 weeks later...
How do you like the MX-200's so far?

I've hit a demo on the range and will use a demo set next Friday. I amv ery interested in these clubs. Lookinga t the g10's also but don't like the look and worried that they may not be too good as wedges.

The PX play a little stiffer than the DG. What flex are you in the DG? I would recommend that you get your current irons FCM measured and try to match the PX to that number, if possible.

If you want to stay in the True Temper family and want a higher launching shaft, especially in the lower irons, I would take a look at the Tour Concept shafts. I have them and I hit the ball higher with my lower irons, now, than I did with my PX. With the short irons, there is no real discernible difference.

If you're getting a free upgrade, then price won't matter. FWIW, I paid $200for the TT Tour Concepts, a set of 3-PW. The PX were considerably more.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Note: This thread is 5503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!