IGNORED

Let's Talk Balls

Note: This thread is 5119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can you comment on the cover of the B330RX or Penta? Perhaps go rip a few PW shots from the fairway? As a poor graduate student, I can't be throwing $4 a piece balls in my shag bag this often.

the B330-RX and Penta covers are more durable than a Pro V for sure

I am also using brand new wedges this year, so the grooves are super sharp I really think the B33o-RX is a great ball that goes long and has good greenside spin the PENTA has all of the above, except this thing is a beast off the tee - 10+ yds longer than the Pro V for sure I wont say how far, as i dont wanna start the old, "oh there is no way you can hit it that far, cause the average pro hits it....." blah blah blah I am golfing again tomorrow so i will take the new B330-RX S's out for s spin and report back
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

the B330-RX and Penta covers are more durable than a Pro V for sure

Enis750 - Thanks for the input, I think the b330 balls and the penta will by on my list next time I go shopping. My only gripe with TM balls are the loud graphics... but whatever. Ill post a review when I've got time to play them as well.

If I can pick up another 10 yards with my driver, woo boy, 215 here I come! ;)

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I have played both NXT Tour and PRO V1 and to me the difference was with my tee shots. I prefer the NXT with the driver and the PRO V1 with the irons. As far as stopping the ball the NXT wasn't bad. If I had to buy the balls on my own I would go with the NXT Tours. Right now a friend gave me some PRO V1's so I change my ball depending on the distance of the hole and the green layout. I have played entire rounds with both an NXT and PRO v1 without any scuffs, but that is just hit or miss because I have had both scuff with just one shot before.

Bridgestone E5 / E5+ is a high spin ball that is a two piece construction.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Cost and durability of high performance multi-layer balls is something all manufactures work very hard at achieving, but unfortunately multi-layer balls cost more to make, so if you want a high performance ball it's going to cost more no matter which leading manufacture of multi-layer balls you go with, kinda like a catch 22, but that's golf hehe

Cost and durability of high performance multi-layer balls is something all manufactures work very hard at achieving, but unfortunately multi-layer balls cost more to make, so if you want a high performance ball it's going to cost more no matter which leading manufacture of multi-layer balls you go with, kinda like a catch 22, but that's golf hehe

I'd be fine paying Pro-V1 prices for a multilayer ball with that kind of performance that didn't cut when hit as often. Today, I played a TM TP Red, Pro V1x and a Nike One Tour (new randoms in bag). By then end of 18 (shot 76) all three were cut, the Pro V was cut 3 times.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I'd like a bit of input from others on what ball to try! I've been playing Bridgestone B-330s, Taylormade TP Red, and a mix of Titleist balls (Pro V1, V1x, NXT Tour). Although I love the feel and ball flight of the Pro V1x, I really cannot stand (or afford) how often the cover gets cut from well-struck short iron and wedge shots. Currently, I'm cutting the cover of the ball within 4-5 holes of playing, and I can't help but think that it will effect ball flight and roll on the greens.

Maybe not so popular, but a very good ball none the less, is the Wilson Zip.

ok here it is........THE NEW 2010 BRIDGESTONE B330-RX-S BALLS ARE THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!

I shot 9 holes tonight and played w one ball, YES ONE BALL for 9
i would normally go through 2 balls w a Pro V 1 or Nike ball and it would be trashed
they made these way more durable than the standard RX

they have great greenside control - I hit a 7i from 183 today and it hit and sucked back 2ft which i am more than fine with
i am trading in the 2 boxes or pro v 1's i have for these balls

great job Bridgestone

The Srixon Z-star never scuffs and plays like a pro-v1.
I was also impressed with the Penta in terms of performance and durability. I also feel it had the best feeling when chipping and pitching.
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 (VooDoo shaft)
Woods: Titleist 909 D3 (15 deg, VooDoo shaft)
Hybrids: Mizuno MX700 (20 deg)
Irons: Titleist ZB (4-pw)
Wedge:
Titleist Vokey 52°, 56°, 60°Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NewportPutter Cover: Scotty Cameron 2009 Cupid Dog -WhiteBalls: Srixon Z-Star

You need to remove your iron covers to scuff balls

hahha!

sorry....i know your just beaking the guy, but THAT RIGHT THERE is funny! haha!

Note: This thread is 5119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!