Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jd924

My Swing (jd924)

32 posts in this topic

I've been Playing Golf for: 13, about 5 seriously.

My current handicap index or average score is: 6.9-8

My typical ball flight is: draw/fade can do both but prefer a draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: thin iron/chunky iron. Hook from time to time and very rarely a push.


Videos:

Just some info about myself, as said in my template area, I've played golf for about 13 years but only have really tried to get better the past 5. Really a lot this year. Mostly from reading this forum, I've lurked for a good 5 months. Honestly the best information I've read and I've put so much into my swing from just reading this forum. Mostly the slide the hips and reading posts from iacas and mvmac. I understand my head drops a TON on the backswing and downswing, I have zero idea how to fix it. I'll be posting in other areas aswell. Thanks for taking the time.

PS: Do you have to be Stack and Tilt to join evolvr? Always wondered that, I'm looking to sign up. Would like to get a quick idea on some of the user's opinions first though. Thanks!

NOTE: I'm holding off my swing so I dont hit my ceiling :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Your stance looks too wide wich inhibits a more free turn with the hips and torso, this looks like it's causing a lot of head movement specifically downward on the backswing that will probably have to be compensated on the follow through.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've actually just changed my stance to become wider. I was too narrow and was getting off balanced on the follow through. From what I remember my head would move downward with both stances.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you I'll definitely give this a shot. Would you say dropping the head is okay as long as it stays back?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jd924

PS: Do you have to be Stack and Tilt to join evolvr? Always wondered that, I'm looking to sign up. Would like to get a quick idea on some of the user's opinions first though. Thanks!

NOTE: I'm holding off my swing so I dont hit my ceiling :)

No you don't but we know the pattern well.  Our "style" is about taking what you do and making it more efficient.  We're doing our own thing with the 5 Simple Keys®

Here's some testimonials for Evolvr

http://thesandtrap.com/t/52727/signed-up-with-evolvr

http://forum.thegolfevolution.com/threads/582-Evolvr-Testimonials

For your swing, I'd first recommend you check this thread out.  Hips need to keep turning, the arch in the lower back prevents that.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

And do this drill

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jd924

Thank you I'll definitely give this a shot. Would you say dropping the head is okay as long as it stays back?

I would say lateral movement is a greater issue but im not an instructor and don't know what's the highest prio to fix. I know many tour players drop their head in the downswing, how this affect the swing i'm not sure of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I went and really focused on keeping my head back. I was hitting pushes and high weak shots all day. Extremely frustrating. I can post another video if anyone thinks that would help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jd924

Ok so I went and really focused on keeping my head back. I was hitting pushes and high weak shots all day. Extremely frustrating. I can post another video if anyone thinks that would help.

Don't get frustrated, drills are not supposed to be final swing products, they are to undo a swing flaw and as far as we know pushes and high weak shots may mean your doing it correctly, post another video.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by onesome

Don't get frustrated, drills are not supposed to be final swing products, they are to undo a swing flaw and as far as we know pushes and high weak shots may mean your doing it correctly, post another video.

Will do. I just fooled around keeping my weight forward and not shifting it, like SnT, and the compression was completely different. I think possibly me wanting to keep my head back and still having to shift my weight really threw off my timing. Weight forward is a "simple key" isnt it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt see Mvmac's suggestion will make a different video.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this is what I was working on. I believe I'm doing it correctly but is my swing that comes through up for concern? I really swing around my body, dont some instructors advocate that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I signed up for evolvr thanks for everyone's help. I dont want to say stop posting in here but I am kind of going to listen to the people I'm paying :). Thanks again

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jd924

Ok I signed up for evolvr thanks for everyone's help. I dont want to say stop posting in here but I am kind of going to listen to the people I'm paying :). Thanks again

Smart choice! Now you will always have something to get bettter at. Btw how big do you think a golfnet needs to be? I'm about to build one to use in the livingroom, and I don't wanna shoot a hole in the wall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that big but it's all about the net. As you can see mine is full of holes and needs to be replaced. Probably 5 feet wide 6 feet tall would be sufficient.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jd924

Ok this is what I was working on. I believe I'm doing it correctly but is my swing that comes through up for concern? I really swing around my body, dont some instructors advocate that?

Left knee has to stay flexed longer.  With the right foot banking, the foot rolls onto the instep.  Ideally want it to look something like this with the leg work.  Getting that arch out of the lower back will help keep the hips turning on the backswing http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea I'm a tad confused so I'll just wait for the evolvr video. Do you guys show the drill and how to do it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jd924

Do you guys show the drill and how to do it?

Yes if the instructor focuses on something like the right foot banking they'll go over what it should look like.  Sorry if you got confused, my mistake.  Like I said in my first post in this thread, first thing to look at is the hip turn, so the instructor might just focus on that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0