IGNORED

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Pakoh                      vs                  Beachcomber

LOL!  (When Beach first posted his video I was expecting something else)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

talked to the tournament director, who said it is $150 deposit.  If you have less then 20 players they charge an extra $3 per person so it would be $66 per person rather than $63 if you have 20 players or more.

She said its likely we could just book it the old fashioned way if we are only gonna have a few groups.  If you want to lock it down and dont mind paying the $3, they will book it for us.

Players course is open that day at 9am at this moment in time....

talked to the tournament director, who said it is $150 deposit.  If you have less then 20 players they charge an extra $3 per person so it would be $66 per person rather than $63 if you have 20 players or more.

She said its likely we could just book it the old fashioned way if we are only gonna have a few groups.  If you want to lock it down and dont mind paying the $3, they will book it for us.

Players course is open that day at 9am at this moment in time....

does that disqualify saving money by walking?

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

does that disqualify saving money by walking?

yes.  i believe it includes a cart.  if people want to walk, then i think the old fashioned way of booking tee times would be best...

yes.  i believe it includes a cart.  if people want to walk, then i think the old fashioned way of booking tee times would be best...

ok I can go with the majority. I enjoy either way. just curious

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Just keep me filled in on what happens... As long as this thing actually gets put together I'll see you all on Dec. 16th (I already have the day off of work).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Let me know if I should send you cash for the $66. I can send it via PayPal. Or I can mail it. Either way works for me. Look forward to meeting you guys and having some fun.

My game is nowhere near either of them... I don't want to disappoint... Maybe we should sub out this picture with two Big Break contestants?

Pakoh                      vs                  Beachcomber

right now we have 7 players.  if we only have 2 groups worth of people we should just find out how early you can make a regular reservation and book it as soon as they allow.  that way there is no deposit and people can walk or ride depending on their preference...  if more people join and want to play, we can revisit the early booking option.

right now we have 7 players.  if we only have 2 groups worth of people we should just find out how early you can make a regular reservation and book it as soon as they allow.  that way there is no deposit and people can walk or ride depending on their preference...  if more people join and want to play, we can revisit the early booking option.

I agree with this option.  Just for kicks I tried to make tee times online right now and got this:

Course: Players - 18 Holes
Time:
We Are Sorry! We're sorry, the tee time you are searching for has not been released yet. Those tee times will be released on Saturday, December 8th, 2012 at 11:00 AM . Please select another date or call us at 714-545-7106 for more details

So it looks like we have a few weeks before we can lock this down.

• Upvote 1

I'm in.

Where exactly should we meet, and what would be good time to get there?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My suggestion is we simply meet at the course.  Mile Square has a small range and several large putting greens... And even a chipping green (you have to pay for the chipping area).  So we could all gather in the practice area near one of the greens, then go inside and pay for the round once we're all accounted for.

Note, I recommend that you provide your name and mobile phone number here so that we can call/text you in case you are running late, or missing (it happens).  Then we know what the deal is and aren't all guessing what is going on the morning of when we have 5 or 6 guys and waiting on one or two others to show.  Plus, if for some reason you can't make it, you can text one of us to let us know.  Please try and make it though... It sucks having guys bail.

Personally, I'll probably get there 60 to 90 minutes before we tee off to hit a small bucket of balls, and roll some putts, maybe even grab some grub at their restaurant?  This will also give us a chance to introduce ourselves before we tee off and come up with the foursomes/pairings.  They have a restaurant at the course which serves a great country fried steak with biscuits and gravy... At least this is what one of the guys I've played with there has said.  He always goes there early and eats breakfast before the round when we play at Mile Square.  So if you guys want to meet up for breakfast and coffee, we could do that too.  This would give us a chance to talk about what game(s) we want to play if any.

Regarding the game(s)... My suggestion is to keep it simple... $5 NET and $5 GROSS skins game which is optional to get in.  Split the pot such that 75% of the pot goes to the winner, and 25% to the runner-up for each pot (LOW NET and LOW GROSS).  Use your handicap to determine results.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

My suggestion is we simply meet at the course.  Mile Square has a small range and several large putting greens... And even a chipping green (you have to pay for the chipping area).  So we could all gather in the practice area near one of the greens, then go inside and pay for the round once we're all accounted for.

Note, I recommend that you provide your name and mobile phone number here so that we can call/text you in case you are running late, or missing (it happens).  Then we know what the deal is and aren't all guessing what is going on the morning of when we have 5 or 6 guys and waiting on one or two others to show.  Plus, if for some reason if you can't make it, you can text one of us to let us know.  Please try and make it though... It sucks having guys bail.

Personally, I'll probably get there 60 to 90 minutes before we tee off to hit a small bucket of balls, and roll some putts, maybe even grab some grub at their restaurant?  This will also give us a chance to introduce ourselves before we tee off and come up with the foursomes/pairings.  They have a restaurant at the course which serves a great country fried steak with biscuits and gravy... At least this is what one of the guys I've played with there has said.  He always goes there early and eats breakfast before the round when we play at Mile Square.  So if you guys want to meet up for breakfast and coffee, we could do that too.  This would give us a chance to talk about what game(s) we want to play if any.

Regarding the game(s)... My suggestion is to keep it simple... $5 NET and $5 GROSS skins game which is optional to get in.  Split the pot such that 75% of the pot goes to the winner, and 25% to the runner-up for each pot (NET and GROSS).  Use your handicap to determine who gets a skin.  Only one skin (lowest recorded score) wins the hole.  Ties on the hole cancels the skin on that hole.  This ensures the skins winner actually gets a decent amount instead of splitting the skin with several guys.

All sounds good to me.  We probably should start a PM with everybody who's coming and share our numbers that way, so we're not giving them to the general public.  We could do it now, or we could wait a little bit and see if we could wrangle up a few more players.

And, Beach, if you're getting there that early you will just tell me the green stimp right?  You're not going to make me figure it out for myself, are you?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

All sounds good to me.  We probably should start a PM with everybody who's coming and share our numbers that way, so we're not giving them to the general public.  We could do it now, or we could wait a little bit and see if we could wrangle up a few more players.

And, Beach, if you're getting there that early you will just tell me the green stimp right?  You're not going to make me figure it out for myself, are you?

Hahha.. I have played there enough to tell you the greens will most likely be an 8.  Possibly a 9... But I doubt they are even that.

And yes... I'll let you know what I read them at.  And you can pay for my coffee.

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!