IGNORED

Hybrid guidance

Shankie
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys need some help with hybrids. Currently use 5 wood 7 w 9w then go to 6 iron which i dont stroke very well then im pretty set 7 thru wedges So any ideas as what to replace 5 iron with and so on 4. 3 etc. i tee off with 5 wood 230 working on 3 wood but not ready to bag yet not very reliable and driver has no chance as of now. M So any ideas suggestion would be great for what to try and demo over the winter. Thanks guys

Let's review what you told us: You're OK from 7i on up and tee off with a 5W, and have a 9 HDCP?

What you may want to do is take a tune-up lesson, see if you have a swing flaw that's holding you back with about half your clubs.

Hybrids are easy to hit - if you have a halfway decent swing. If you've got a deep swing flaw, I doubt if hybrids will suddenly lower your score.

After a swing check-up, try out different hybrids. My friend had got a set with irons, hybrids and FW, and found he couldn't hit that matching hybrids. So, it may take some testing to find a hybrid you can hit well, and feel confident with.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit irons and woods just fine Long irons are tougher so i use fairway woods want to get into the hybrids for 4 5 Just looking for recommendations suggestions. I am pretty good at course mangement not every t shot has to be 270 yards to score well.

My bag makeup is a Ping G20 driver , TM 2.0 4 wood , Adams V3 3h-6h hybrids with the Bassara 60g graphite shafts in reg.  , 7-LW Ping i20 irons .

I hit my Adams V3 hybrids so solid its crazy for me to even consider taking them out of my bag . When you hit them in the sweet spot they have this nice solid sounding tink sound , even misses still get very good carry . They just fly high and straight . Another thing is the ball will flat check up with these hybrids too .

I have hit the new Ping Anser hybrids and would switch in a minute , but my wallet says otherwise !

I am not a long hitter but I hit the 6h -160 , 5h -170 , 4 -180 , and 3h -190 .

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!