IGNORED

Adams Redline Repaint/ composite top issues

Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was given an old Adams Redline RPM driver that I am planning on repainting. It says on the driver that it has a composite top, so I am worried about using paint stripper on the club. Would the paint stripper mess up the composite top?

If paint stripper is a bad idea, should I just use sandpaper to take the finish off?

I plan on using a three part paint process utilizing automotive paint spray cans and wetsanding.

I was given the club without a head cover, so I ordered on ebay a new head cover that comes with the removable weights. Hopefully I can get the club looking nice and have a driver that I can use for a few years.

Finally, Is it worth spending thirty bucks or so on this driver? I don't have an emotional attachment or anything. I am just trying to put together a decent bag for as cheap as possible.

Thanks for the help and your time!

You don't need to strip the paint. Just rough it up with a scotch brite pad or something.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!