Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlaydenH

Mid- Back Stretches?

5 posts in this topic

Hi! Recently I've hurt my left mid-back and it seems to be affecting my game. I've looked up stretches and they work for a little while but the pain just comes back. I have a tournament tomorrow and I want to get the best out of my game. I was just wondering what your favorite on and off-course stretches are. I will try any and everything!! Thanks!!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Depends on were your back hurts, and what you hurt.

Things like slipped disks, get better with movement, and improve with light rehab to strengthen the core and back muscles. Muscle strains require rest and ice, after pain is gone, light rehab that strengthens the back.

I recommend checking with a doctor, to see what really happened.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think I might of had a slipped disc because I just went out and hit around the holes behind my house and I'm feeling much better! Thanks.

Well don't take my advice as the only two options, there is a meriade of issues you can have with a back. Heck if you have tight hamstrings, that can cause back pain. Pinched Nerve, slipped disc, herniated disk, pull muscle, torn ligament, tight hip flexors, weak abdominals muscles.

I said two likely causes, but there is much more than just that. Go see a doctor. I don't mess with back pain, never want to have a chronic case of it.

Try a big Advil before you play and some icy/hot before you play the round.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • The BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.
      Leaders about to go out. 9 players within 3 shots of the leader Scott Hend including Willet,Westwood and Kaymer.
    • ClusterF&#? Rules Today at USKG
      I think all things considered Erik you handled it pretty well and there wasn't anything you could do or say short of out right and blatant lying to make dad happy. I probably would have been a little snarkier myself so you did a good job trying to toe the line in my opinion. It's still a good lesson for your daughter in sportsmanship and doing the right thing. I talk with my daughter about things like that and parents such as that and tell her that what's okay for them is not okay for us, we do what's right and compete fairly even if we know others sometimes may not. Dad sounds like a dick and he isn't doing  his daughter any favors in the long run. 
    • ClusterF&#? Rules Today at USKG
      There's a Little League field that has a sign to parents that says there are no college or pro scouts here today so lets just let the kids have fun. However a strike is a strike and a hits a hit. One team wins, another loses. I don't understand the everybody wins mentality we have for kids sports. It will not serve them well when your competing for a promotion later in life.
    • The BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth.
      I'm enjoying this, but it could really do with a bit more pulling power. Just a shame not to see a few of the top European Tour players like Sergio or Rory not play it.
    • My Swing (b101)
      It's just feeling a little bit more natural than it used to and I'm not stepping on the course with 5 or more swing thoughts, which is nice! I don't think it'll take much work getting back to making progress and I'm definitely seeing that some of the changes I've made have stuck - ball flight is really high compared to what I'm used to and the ball turns right to left about 50% of the time and stays straight for 30%. It's the 20% of rubbish, either duck hooks or generally wayward tee shots that I want to clear up, which is going to be this morning's target on the range. I didn't end up hitting the range yesterday - a mate texted to ask to play a round, so I went for that. What was obvious is that the little 9 hole course, where I don't need anything above a 4 iron, has been great for my iron play, but that the 3 wood, driver and course management need a bit of a refresher course. Shot an 86 with a ridiculous 7 penalty strokes (4 on one tough par 3), which says it all really as I don't normally take any! It is a tight track though and there is OB all over the place, but no excuse for the few 'head off' moments which prevented me scoring well. It was match play as well so I guess that's part of it... In short summary: Driving/3 wood - pretty poor and I'm just not comfortable over the ball with those clubs. On a longer course, I'd have struggled. Long irons - good, bar that atrocity of a par 3, where I think I'll just aim way left next time and take the safe miss. Both of those were actually really nice strikes, but went dead straight rather than drawing like I had expected. Still, my fault entirely for aiming towards the trouble  Mid-short irons - mostly pretty good actually. Put 6/14 approaches from outside 100 yards to (3/4 from within 100) inside 15 yards and bar two long bunker shots, the rest were manageable. Putting - really pleased again; I probably only made one that I wouldn't have expected (birdie on 13), but there's a lot of break on the greens and I thought it was pretty decent for a first time out in a while. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/930037 Overall, pretty close to where I'd want it to be, but a better decision on 6, some better drives and a bit more luck on odd holes (like 16) and it'd have been a great round. I'd take that for the first time in ages. Should be able to post some video this afternoon.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries