IGNORED

How many songs do you have in your digital library?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use MOG, but am leaning towards streaming my own library via Google.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stretch

I ripped all my CDs to ALAC and also have quite a few 24-bit/192kHz files, mostly needle drops of vinyl albums.

Yeah, I see now. I ripped a CD using ALAC and it's about 3x the size of a 320 mp3 rip.

Never heard of it 'til now but I realise why:

Shame as the biggest bugbear I have with Spotify is the lack of filtering and organisation of playlists; it's bordering on archaic whereas MOG is filterable and easy from what I've read.

If/when MOG becomes available here I'll definitely give it a go, thanks.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Never heard of it 'til now but I realise why:

Shame as the biggest bugbear I have with Spotify is the lack of filtering and organisation of playlists; it's bordering on archaic whereas MOG is filterable and easy from what I've read.

If/when MOG becomes available here I'll definitely give it a go, thanks.

Bummer. I was comparing catalogs and based my unscientific methods, MOG and Spotify are about the same. I know MOG is available in Canada, I've used it there, but it's a smaller company than Spotify and might be eaten up eventually.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What kind of filtering are you trying to do? Having only a specific artist in a playlist show up?

Tyler Martin

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

What kind of filtering are you trying to do? Having only a specific artist in a playlist show up?

No just simple alphabetical playlist sorting. It seems to be "too difficult" for Spotify so everything with playlists has to be manual. Every new album or playlist needs to be created and then manually dragged to it's correct position in the list to be alphabetized. :/

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Quote:

No just simple alphabetical playlist sorting. It seems to be "too difficult" for Spotify so everything with playlists has to be manual. Every new album or playlist needs to be created and then manually dragged to it's correct position in the list to be alphabetized. :/

Maybe we're running a different version of Spotify, but I'm able to by just clicking on Artist or Album at the top of the playlist.

Tyler Martin

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Quote:

Maybe we're running a different version of Spotify, but I'm able to by just clicking on Artist or Album at the top of the playlist.

No I meant sorting the playlists themselves (in the left hand panel) - It all has to be done manually via drag and drop so as soon as you get more than a page of playlists it takes forever to drag, drop and sort via alphabetical. :/

SWING DNA

[QUOTE name="geauxforbroke" url="/t/71429/how-many-songs-do-you-have-in-your-digital-library/18#post_931434"]   [QUOTE name="MiniBlueDragon" url="/t/71429/how-many-songs-do-you-have-in-your-digital-library/18#post_931432"]   [QUOTE name="geauxforbroke" url="/t/71429/how-many-songs-do-you-have-in-your-digital-library/18#post_931428"]   [QUOTE name="MiniBlueDragon" url="/t/71429/how-many-songs-do-you-have-in-your-digital-library/18#post_931412"]   [CONTENTEMBED=/t/71429/how-many-songs-do-you-have-in-your-digital-library#post_931408 layout=inline]Shame as the biggest bugbear I have with Spotify is the lack of filtering and organisation of playlists; it's bordering on archaic whereas MOG is filterable and easy from what I've read.[/CONTENTEMBED] [/QUOTE] What kind of filtering are you trying to do? Having only a specific artist in a playlist show up? [/QUOTE] No just simple alphabetical playlist sorting. It seems to be "too difficult" for Spotify so everything with playlists has to be manual. Every new album or playlist needs to be created and then manually dragged to it's correct position in the list to be alphabetized. :/ [/QUOTE] Maybe we're running a different version of Spotify, but I'm able to by just clicking on Artist or Album at the top of the playlist.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88069/] [/URL] [/QUOTE] No I meant sorting the playlists themselves (in the left hand panel) - It all has to be done manually via drag and drop so as soon as you get more than a page of playlists it takes forever to drag, drop and sort via alphabetical. :/

Ahh. I had never really thought about that before. It would be nice. I would also like it of you could group playlist together and collapse down to the group level.

Tyler Martin

You can via "File > New Playlist Folder" :)

I have:

- Playlists
- Albums
- Compilations
- Singles
- Soundtracks

Inside those I file everything but it's still a pain in the backside sorting hundreds of albums alphabetically. ;)

SWING DNA

You can via "File > New Playlist Folder" :)

I have:

- Playlists

- Albums

- Compilations

- Singles

- Soundtracks

Inside those I file everything but it's still a pain in the backside sorting hundreds of albums alphabetically. ;)

Awesome. Learned something new. Thanks.

Tyler Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!